1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

How much is everyone studying for August MCAT?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gabbers22, Jun 14, 2001.

1. gabbers22

gabbers22 Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi all....I was just wondering how much everyone is studying for the August MCAT right now. I know it is not crunch time yet...but thought it would be interesting to see what everyone is doing.
    I have been studying baout 3-4 hours everyday, except for last week when I went on vacation to Disneyworld! :)
    Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. VC15

VC15 MS4
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    About 3 hours a day from mid May until the end of July, then more (depending on how prepared/unprepared I feel) during the last 2 weeks. In addition to this I'm taking the TPR course too. Hope it's enough for a 30 with a 10 VR...

4. Nanon

Nanon An urban myth.
    10+ Year Member

About two hours a day now. I've been studying about an hour a day for months, though... doing a few passages a day, reviewing the material. I didn't want to feel overwhelmed this summer, and I don't.

I'm doing TPR this summer, too. I figure I'll be going into high gear when that starts, (~4 or 5 hours a day), especially with the ochem and gen chem.

Mostly, I'm worried because I'm not worried. So far, all of the practice passages I've done required a lot of core knowledge, but none have been very tricky, except for the verbal (which is wholy subjective, IMHO). This includes TPR, and tests II, III and V of the AAMC variety. I don't think that I'm particularly bright, but I also know that I studied REALLY REALLY HARD in my classes - it's all in there somewhere.

Then again, I'm probably deluded and need to take my pre-med stress pills again. Damn that zen meditation and yoga! :mad: ;)

Nanon