How much longer do you have left?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ultracet

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Personally, I am very very ready for a break and I'm sure we all are...

My question is... how much longer do you have left?

until graduation?
are you doing a residency/ when will you finish that?

basically until you get out and start working without it being a part of a course...

I'm sure some of you are counting the days by now!!

I have 14 months until graduation (it sounds like forever when i say it like that) :p

Members don't see this ad.

Graduation day is June 3 for me...then (I hope) residency starts in July, and that will go on until June of 2006, by which time I hope I know I will be gainfully employed (no desire to do a specialty residency). Until then, no rest for me ;)

Since I plan to practice as a pediatric clinical pharmacist and that requires a general year of residency + a year of specializing- I have 5 more years before I start working!! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not planning on doing a residency. I can't wait to get my PharmD and start working. Still got 2 years and 2 months left till graduation. It sounds better when you count the semesters left (2 down, 4 more to go; not counting rotations). :clap:

I have 6 weeks left of this semester + finals. After working full time at Wags over the summer I'll return to school and go 22 months straight with only 2 weeks off for winter break. :eek:

I've been pretty bored in the hospital this semester. I really don't like walking around hallways and reading charts. I love the fast pace of retail and interacting with patients, so I'll skip doing a residency and go right to work.

Days left til graduation: 2 DAYS!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Plans after graduation: I decided against residency (very tough decision) and will be working full time for retail (which I really enjoy) and one day a week at hospital. I'm pretty excited because at this hospital, their pharmacists do alot of clinical work apart from dispensing (no residency needed). I actually did my last rotation there at so I know how the day to day is there. They called me up last week and offered me a position (I didnt even apply)! :eek: I wouldn't have gotten this position if it weren't for my rotation there and my repore with the staff.

So I'm pretty excited about my future because I feel like I'm getting the best of both worlds

Just a side note to the current students... Try to leave a good impression at all your clinical sites because odds are they may offer you a job too!

Last day of rotations is May 27th and graduation is the morning of June 3rd. Then that's it--no residency for me.

ForgetMeNot said:
Last day of rotations is May 27th and graduation is the morning of June 3rd. Then that's it--no residency for me.

Graduation on a Friday morning? ...that seems kind of odd. Where is MWU having it? (hopefully somewhere indoors!)

pharmaz88 said:
Graduation on a Friday morning? ...that seems kind of odd. Where is MWU having it? (hopefully somewhere indoors!)
here we have 2 graduations... one on friday and one on saturday
and yes you must attend them both

2 months pre-pharm
+
4 years pharmacy school (PharmD/MPH???)
+
1 year pharmacy practice residency
+
1 year specialty residency
+
(???)

This exercise has been quite depressing - i'm going back to the pre-pharm boards. thanks a lot bbmuffin :mad:
:luck:

3.25 more years for me. Maybe 1 year Pharm Practice Residency and 2 year specialty residency in oncology.

*our COP also have 2 graduations: one for pharmacy students and one univeristy wide.

2 yrs and 6 weeks left for my PharmD then another 4 for PhD

pharmaz88 said:

It's at the Glendale Arena (Loop 101 and Glendale Ave), so there will be protection from the sun.

ForgetMeNot said:
It's at the Glendale Arena (Loop 101 and Glendale Ave), so there will be protection from the sun.

Well, I guess since there's never going to be any hockey played there, they might as well put it to good use! :D

...besides maybe a cheaper cost, have they given any reason why they made it for a Friday morning, when it would be less convenient for family and friends to attend?

pharmaz88 said:

I'm at CCP and we just had our graduation yesterday morning (on a Friday)!! :thumbup: :thumbup: It was in our library auditorium, as always. Luckily the weather was pretty cooperate

pharmaz88 said:
Well, I guess since there's never going to be any hockey played there, they might as well put it to good use! :D

...besides maybe a cheaper cost, have they given any reason why they made it for a Friday morning, when it would be less convenient for family and friends to attend?

Like most things with the school, I don't know their logic in choosing a Friday morning. Although I know traffic will definitely be less of an issue on a Friday morning as opposed to a Friday afternoon/evening. Have you ever seen the 101 in the afternoon? It's horrible. Also, if you're having family and/or friends fly in for the ceremony, having a weekend to spend more time with them makes sense as well.