How much money do you consider life changing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How much money do you consider life changing?

• $25,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $50,000

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • $100,000

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • $250,000

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • $500,000

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • $1,000,000

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • $2,000,000+

Votes: 34 41.0%

• Total voters
Not if you want to live a luxurious life and have the newest and coolest car every 3 years and pay for your kids to go to private K-12 school and pay for their college/grad school.
I agree. I was talking about living the average middle class life.

A small house (1400-1600 sqft) in an average COL city/suburb, 1 vacation per year, eating out once every month; kids go to public school and pay their way thru college.

Members don't see this ad.

I am 33 and can't see myselft retiring at this age. I mean even if i had 2.5 mill i would still work. Need it for my sanity. NFL players have to retire at around my age(unless your tom brady) and I can see why they get fat and depressed having to retire that early despite all that cash.
I'm quite the opposite, I feel like if I retired right now I get the opportunity to explore a lot of different passions. Jiu jitsu, training, poker, fishing, golfing, traveling, spend time raising my kid(s) and not be too tired to play with them after being overworked in the pharmacy, volunteer, start a small business with fair costs. The list goes on.

I went to pharmacy because of all of the cliches you've heard; being accessible, building relationships with your patients, actually making a difference in their life. Working at a retail pharmacy is very unfulfilling with all the silly corporate metrics:

- Don't go red on your 4 pages of autofill or else your patients will have to wait!
- Immunize 12 covid shots per hour, the more you do the more difference you make in the community! Oh! Don't forget to ask them about flu.
- Motivate your staff to do covid tests repeating the same script all day long, and remind them about readyfill, 90 days, proactive refills requests (on this acute abx tx), anddddd enrolling in our loyalty program!
- Remember to do calls everyday reminding patients of all the prompts we mention to them at the register!

You can't willingly spend quality time with a patient. Now THAT is depressing.

Reactions: 1 users