Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How much movement goes on in UPitt's waitlist?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Fumoffu, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Fumoffu

Fumoffu Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

UPitt was the only private that I applied to and interviewed at that I had considered going over my state school.

Unfortunately I got a waitlist letter today. How much movement goes on? I'm sort of worried since I interviewed on the last day (partly my fault since I didn't submit my secondary till 1/9) and the Dean told us there were seats available. So getting waitlisted is bad...

If anyone has stats for previous years that would be most appreciated. I talked to the Admissions lady and she was very hush-hush in her responses about an internal ranking system.

2. quideam

quideam Too tired to complain
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    There was a thread around a while back that gave information like this for each school. If I remember correctly, Pitt eventually ends up accepting something like 400 people for a class of 150. However, I also know that they initially accept around 250 people, so I really don't know about the waitlist. I wouldn't worry just yet, though, because Pitt seems to have a decent amount of waitlist movement. Goodl luck, maybe i'll see you in the Fall!

3. vscarlet27

vscarlet27 Member
    7+ Year Member

hey,

i know i've posted this somewhere else, but the wait list is not a death sentence, for real. a TON of my classmates were waitlisted and got in, and also, at least 6 of my close friends interviewed the last week (we are all last minute applicants too) and ended up here anyway. so relax, it can happen for you! as for the rank, it exists, but i don't think they'll let you know. good luck...