How much Physics is on the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nanali

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am asking this question b/c I am planning on taking Physics 1 next spring and would like to take the MCAt in April. I will not be able to take physics 2 until the summer. Is physics 1 enough? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

nanali said:
I am asking this question b/c I am planning on taking Physics 1 next spring and would like to take the MCAt in April. I will not be able to take physics 2 until the summer. Is physics 1 enough? Thanks
yeah, should be. just review the MCAT books for the rest of it. but most of the concepts are from first semester i think.

nanali said:

It's kinda dangerous. You might get screwed if you get some electricity & magnetism type passages. If you don't take the class, definitely study this stuff before the test, as the last post suggests.

Members don't see this ad :)
nanali said:

Although I didn't have the same problem:
I took Physics II during the spring semester (MCAT in April), but people in our class were really unable to grasp the concepts of force, torque, angular momentum, etc...so we didn't get to electricity, magnetism, and optics (most of Physics II) until after the beginning of April. My point...I made a 13 on physical sciences...most of it being physics. Just get a good review book (I used ExamKrackers) and that should give you all the Physics II you need for the MCAT! :) GOOD LUCK! :luck:

nanali said:

It varies based on the MCAT you get. Some are more heavilly weighted toward chemistry, some on physics. On the MCAT I took, there was quite a bit of second semester physics, actually (optics, radioactive isotopes). You can probably learn it on your own in a Kaplan or TPR course, but you need to be confident in your ability to do so.