how much prep time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gschl1234

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In general how many weeks of vacation did you burn up studying for step 2? I just want to pass yet feel comfortable about the exam afterwards so I don't worry for weeks b4 the results come back. I'd also like to save as much vacation time as possible for actual vacation. I've completed 4 rotations so far and have scored high 70s- low 80s. I don't know if it's a raw or scaled score. The clerkship coordinators aren't very clear about it.

Members don't see this ad.

I did two weeks of Medical Spanish and two weeks of independent study. 4 was all I needed to almost get to 257. Lock down and study hard.

i took 4 weeks of as indepedent study to study for both COMLEX 2CE and USMLE 2CK, thought it was enough time and ended up with very good scores on both.

Members don't see this ad :)
i took 4 weeks of as indepedent study to study for both COMLEX 2CE and USMLE 2CK, thought it was enough time and ended up with very good scores on both.

NeuroDocDO, how many days/weeks apart did you give yourself to take these two exams? How vastly different were they? Thanks!

NeuroDocDO, how many days/weeks apart did you give yourself to take these two exams? How vastly different were they? Thanks!

I took the two exams one week apart and thought that was enough. The exams are very different. The COMLEX questions are much shorter and can sometimes be vague. They just don't give you enough clinical info and that is why the questions are so much shorter. USMLE questions are like USMLE world questions, they are very long with lots of labs and sometimes what appears to be extraneous information. that's my two cents.