How much time do u spend studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golfmontpoker

I hate chemistry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just curious about how much everyone here studies a day, on average, outside class?

Members don't see this ad.

The answer to your question will vary by school, year in school and individual study style. I can't even give you a personal estimate since I don't punch a clock. I try to get most of my studying done between 8-5 M-F. If I have an hour or two between classes (and I usually do), I'll find a place to get some studying done. If I'm done with class at 2:00 PM, I'll go to the library and study for a couple or three hours. Weekends are the time that I do all the "as needed" studying and assignment finishing.

So far, I've had a fairly normal life, but then again, I don't work (for now). My feelings might change when I start doing pharm intern work in addition to school.

I spend way more time on busy work...assignments, cases, etc, than I do on studying. I am not much of a studying type. I work two jobs and have a lot of outside interests. I'm not willing to give that up. Yes, my GPA could be better, but I'm passing, and I'm in much better spirits than many of my classmates because I allow myself to have a life...

Members don't see this ad :)
I study for probably 3 to 4 hours every day. Sometimes a lil more, sometimes a lil less. It depends on the class and your own study style. Some people naturally take longer than others.

I'm still adjusting to my first year, so it seems like I'm studying all day. It looks like I'll be able to study (which includes doing assignments, speeches, group projects) about 4 hours a day and another 4 hours watching lectures. I'll dedicate a couple extra hours to a class if I have an exam or speech the next day.

Hey everyone, just curious about how much everyone here studies a day, on average, outside class?

I am unfortunately finding that I have to spend a lot of time on the weekends because all our major tests are scheduled at 8 AM on Monday morning.

I'm on rotations and I still have to study. I was assigned the chapter on Perioperative Care in Koda Kimble. I have to read it tonight and will be quizzed on it tomorrow. Every night there is a different reading and an oral quiz the next day. It takes me 1.5 hours to commute to my rotation, which doesn't leave much time. What am I doing on here?

Sometimes, it feels like too much. I know people who study all the time, and I also know people, who never study. I am heading into a particularly rough time in the schedule, and so, I'll be studying a lot. After that rough spot, there will be a two week lull between exams.