• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

How Much to Grad School Grades Matter?

01futuremd

10+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2006
  1. Pre-Medical
I just got rejected from Goucher, which upsets me because I thought I had a shot at least to interview, and I was trying to think through what could have been bad about my application. I went to grad school where there was a pretty rough curve and got two Bs and a B+, which is great for the program, but I wonder if those grades are not good enough for competitive postbacs? My other stats are pretty good, high GPA and pretty high SAT. Any knowledge on this would be appreciated.

drizzt3117

chick magnet
10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2006
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Your grad GPA seems fine. Undergrad GPA is much more important ayways. I think you'll be fine, as I said in the other thread. Don't be so concerned about one rejection, especially if you intend to apply open pool after your postbac year. If you can't deal with rejection you're going to go nuts then.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.