How Much to Grad School Grades Matter?

Started by 01futuremd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

01futuremd

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got rejected from Goucher, which upsets me because I thought I had a shot at least to interview, and I was trying to think through what could have been bad about my application. I went to grad school where there was a pretty rough curve and got two Bs and a B+, which is great for the program, but I wonder if those grades are not good enough for competitive postbacs? My other stats are pretty good, high GPA and pretty high SAT. Any knowledge on this would be appreciated.
 
Your grad GPA seems fine. Undergrad GPA is much more important ayways. I think you'll be fine, as I said in the other thread. Don't be so concerned about one rejection, especially if you intend to apply open pool after your postbac year. If you can't deal with rejection you're going to go nuts then.