how much to know about plants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gomawum

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
somehow I'm having very hard time studying plants stuffs as well as classification..

I heard that plants aren't that important and chance the question related to it on DAT is really small.. is it ture?
(although there are so many stuffs about plants on Kaplan blue book...)

like plant hormone, vegatative propagation... thing...

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend to study Plant chapters on Kaplan blue book. I had two questions from plant bio and I was pretty surprised because I did not expect two questions!

I would pay attention to: reproduction, photosynthesis (this is a biggie), hormones (these are easy), and some classification (general features of different phylums).

That's what I'm doing at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
do u recall what qs u got in dat?

I remember they were pure memorization questions. In my case plant bio questions showed up at the end of the test, but they were straight forward. Maybe test makers know students don't pay attention to plant bio and that's whay they include those simple questions from plant bio to test students.

I remember they were pure memorization questions. Basically it was asking which statement is correct, and the correct answer was "Mosses are gametophyte dominant". In my case plant bio questions showed up at the end of the test, but they were straight forward. Maybe test makers know students don't pay attention to plant bio and that's whay they include those simple questions from plant bio to test students.

Be careful. You aren't supposed to openly discuss the DAT questions.