How much weight do adcoms put on secs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tofurkey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

As I'm surrounded by 25 secs calling my name, I'm wondering how much weight these things play in the whole game. For instance, last year I proofread the sec essays of a person who was applying to and was accepted at three parituclar schools. This person's essays were horrible. I mean a second grader could have strung words together better than this person did.

So I'm just thinking can I rush through them and spend two hours or so on each one? Clearly it probably doesn't make much of a difference--right?

It also annoys the heck out of me that so many secs ask you to re-enter all your science courses and also your extracurrics. I mean, isn't that what they have the primary for? Do they even read the primary?

Grrrrr.....

Members don't see this ad.

Tofurkey said:
Hi,

As I'm surrounded by 25 secs calling my name, I'm wondering how much weight these things play in the whole game. For instance, last year I proofread the sec essays of a person who was applying to and was accepted at three parituclar schools. This person's essays were horrible. I mean a second grader could have strung words together better than this person did.

So I'm just thinking can I rush through them and spend two hours or so on each one? Clearly it probably doesn't make much of a difference--right?

It also annoys the heck out of me that so many secs ask you to re-enter all your science courses and also your extracurrics. I mean, isn't that what they have the primary for? Do they even read the primary?

Grrrrr.....

I've been half assing them. We'll see how it goes for me. Good luck.

Um, I don't think the adcoms care, really. Male or female, it shouldn't have much bearing on your chances, legally speaking, anyways. ;)

TravellinDoc said:
Um, I don't think the adcoms care, really. Male or female, it shouldn't have much bearing on your chances, legally speaking, anyways. ;)
:laugh: