How much will a "PC/P" on my transcript affect my application.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tdod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My transcript has a "PC/P," from my MS1 "practice of medicine course," which is basically a course for ethics, OSCE's, and other non-science preclinical stuff. Our transcripts can have a Pass, Fail, PC/P (partial completion, passed remediation), or PC/F (partial competency, failed remediation). The PC was given because I showed up late to an OSCE and had to remediate it. How much will this affect my competitiveness for EM? I have no other red flags - I have had good clerkship grades so far, good dean's letter comments, and a 255 on STEP 1.

I love EM and really want to do it but more than anything I have to actually match and pay off my $250,000 of student debt.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My transcript has a "PC/P," from my MS1 "practice of medicine course," which is basically a course for ethics, OSCE's, and other non-science preclinical stuff. Our transcripts can have a Pass, Fail, PC/P (partial completion, passed remediation), or PC/F (partial competency, failed remediation). The PC was given because I showed up late to an OSCE and had to remediate it. How much will this affect my competitiveness for EM? I have no other red flags - I have had good clerkship grades so far, good dean's letter comments, and a 255 on STEP 1.

I love EM and really want to do it but more than anything I have to actually match and pay off my $250,000 of student debt.

Thanks!

Essentially means nothing. No one will even notice or care. Rethink your career choice with a 255 though.

Thanks!

I'd be shocked. SHOCKED. If anyone read your transcript to that level of detail and noticed it. The thing that may get noticed is if it is mentioned in the MPSE section where it asks if the student had to take time off or remediate a course for any reason. If they note you had to remediate a course because you were late, then it could be an issue but even then I bet it is still a non-issue. If it just says you had to remediate the OSCE but doesn't give a reason, I doubt anyone will care at all.