How much will a publication help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DruidDoc

The Limiting Reagent
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those out in practice and possibly affilliated with programs, how much will a journal publication help my application. Is it something that will be like, eh, so I see you've got your name attached to a publication, so what?

Or might it help me overcome so so board scores and such? It's something I really have worked hard on, and I was just curious if it will help or just be something to pad my application with.

WHATEVER.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Now we talking Playboy or Penthouse? Because Penthouse has those new full penetration picks and all, could be a real closure with the PDs.

Publications are nice to have - but they aren't going to usually make the difference - applications are considered in toto. Basically, they can't hurt though. It also demonstrates interest and the ability to focus your attention in a certain area and complete a project, and it will probably also give you something to talk about in your interview, and it will likely provide with a good reference letter.

Now we talking Playboy or Penthouse? Because Penthouse has those new full penetration picks and all, could be a real closure with the PDs.

Yeah, but once they actually see it, they're gonna have that constant image of me in their mind; I think, probably, I should keep that one in the closet.

quagmire.jpg