SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How NOT to make friends with the admission staff

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by drdrtoledo, Oct 22, 2001.

1. drdrtoledo

drdrtoledo Pharm Delicious 7+ Year Member

Sep 28, 2001
    Morristown, NJ
    Here's a little story to bring a little laughter to everyone feeling the stress...

I was asked by my state school to submit my August MCAT via fax to their office. This morning I went to work and attempted to fax the scores over. The machine said "communication failure". I kept trying another couple of times then gave up. I then asked a secretary for help, figuring I was doing something wrong. She gave it a couple of shots and received an "unable to communicate" error message.

I called the school to make sure the fax was operational on their end. They said it was fine, just a little backed up. After trying sporadically, I gave up and went to my other job. When I checked my home answering machine there was a message from the admissions office staff:

Mr drdrtoledo,
    We have received all seven copies of your MCAT score. Please do not send anymore.

I am so embarrassed.. But I realized this message was from the morning and that I had tried several times after that. As I expected, I found an email saying that they had received enough copies. I replied with an apology letter explaining that the machine was claiming an error. I faxed to other location this morning with no problem.

Anyway, I hope this made some of you laugh (either at me or with me :p ) I was ready to withdraw my app but decided that it wasn't worth it. I feel like those guys that mess with the waiter only to get snot in their food.... I hope my apology went well. :)
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. SMW

SMW Grand Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2001
    anchorage, ak
    LOL!! :D :D

I'm sure it's not a big deal, and that no one on the adcom will ever know a thing about it.
  4. none

none 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2001
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the adcoms are used to technology problems by now. :)
  5. MorningLight2100

MorningLight2100 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 18, 2001
    NY, NY
    Holy toledo! :D

Goodness, thank you for that little slice of comic relief. :) I feel for you though...what an uncomfortable situation! I'm sure they'll understand. :)
  6. aisha

aisha Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 27, 2001
    Irvine, CA

i am laughing so hard.. that must be embarassing... thats ok though.. they probably understand
  7. NickasaurusRex

NickasaurusRex Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 26, 2001
    Okay, that is definitely the funniest thing I've heard all day! LOL! No one there will doubt that you're persistent! ;)
  8. Badgerbabe

Badgerbabe Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Madison, WI
    Brought a smile to my day, drdrtoledo!!! Thanks :)

They'll probably just think you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go there.....

hahahahahahahahaha :)
  9. drdrtoledo

drdrtoledo Pharm Delicious 7+ Year Member

Sep 28, 2001
    Morristown, NJ
    I'm glad my life can lift the spirits of others! :D It's getting to be close to show time for all of us... Good luck to us all!