1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

How NOT to make friends with the admission staff

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by drdrtoledo, Oct 22, 2001.

1. drdrtoledo

drdrtoledo Pharm Delicious
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Here's a little story to bring a little laughter to everyone feeling the stress...

I was asked by my state school to submit my August MCAT via fax to their office. This morning I went to work and attempted to fax the scores over. The machine said "communication failure". I kept trying another couple of times then gave up. I then asked a secretary for help, figuring I was doing something wrong. She gave it a couple of shots and received an "unable to communicate" error message.

I called the school to make sure the fax was operational on their end. They said it was fine, just a little backed up. After trying sporadically, I gave up and went to my other job. When I checked my home answering machine there was a message from the admissions office staff:

Mr drdrtoledo,
    We have received all seven copies of your MCAT score. Please do not send anymore.

I am so embarrassed.. But I realized this message was from the morning and that I had tried several times after that. As I expected, I found an email saying that they had received enough copies. I replied with an apology letter explaining that the machine was claiming an error. I faxed to other location this morning with no problem.

Anyway, I hope this made some of you laugh (either at me or with me :p ) I was ready to withdraw my app but decided that it wasn't worth it. I feel like those guys that mess with the waiter only to get snot in their food.... I hope my apology went well. :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

LOL!! :D :D

I'm sure it's not a big deal, and that no one on the adcom will ever know a thing about it.

4. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the adcoms are used to technology problems by now. :)

5. MorningLight2100

MorningLight2100 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Holy toledo! :D

Goodness, thank you for that little slice of comic relief. :) I feel for you though...what an uncomfortable situation! I'm sure they'll understand. :)

6. aisha

aisha Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

drdrtoledo

hehehehehhehe

hahahahahhahaha

i am laughing so hard.. that must be embarassing... thats ok though.. they probably understand

7. NickasaurusRex

NickasaurusRex Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Okay, that is definitely the funniest thing I've heard all day! LOL! No one there will doubt that you're persistent! ;)

8. Badgerbabe

Badgerbabe Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Brought a smile to my day, drdrtoledo!!! Thanks :)

They'll probably just think you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go there.....

hahahahahahahahaha :)

9. drdrtoledo

drdrtoledo Pharm Delicious
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm glad my life can lift the spirits of others! :D It's getting to be close to show time for all of us... Good luck to us all!