How often are apps mailed out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

komradrobot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How often are applications mailed out? Mine is set to be mailed july 7th, but I'm not taking my DAT until July 15th.

Will schools begin reviewing my application after they receive it on July 7th, or will they wait for my scores? If the scores take two weeks to get send out...then that is when they will start reviewing my app right? (end of july)

I also have a lagging LOR that wont be sent out until July 15th...will that be sent out to D-Schools way later? (back to original question) Anyone know how often they send out applications...like...what is this "first mailing" "second mailing" business...which "mailling" will I be in and how late will that be?

Members don't see this ad.

AADSAS mails apps on a weekly basis from what I understand. I don't know all the details about DAT's, LOR's, etc as far as AADSAS sending those to schools. All I know is schools don't consider an app until it is complete.

Does anyone know when the first mailing went out?

Will they automatically mail out any updates I make to my application? (The addition of a LOR, DAT scores)

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on what you consider as "went out" I know schools can view the online application for those who were in the first mailing but the official mailing isn't until 07/02. I've already received emails from a couple schools. If you are on the first mailing it says on AADSAS under dental school designations.

They say they have received my application and ask for more money before they will do anything with it.