How Often Do You Floss

Started by lindsey122
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

How Often Do You Floss

  • Never

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Once a month

    Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Once a week

    Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Once a day

    Votes: 73 58.9%
  • After every meal

    Votes: 6 4.8%

  • Total voters
    124

lindsey122

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I never floss...and don't plan on starting. Are you a hypocrite too? Any other bad dental hygiene?
 
my routine:

morning:

1) crest pro health rinse
2) brush


night:
1) floss
2) crest pro health rinse
3) brush
4) ACT fluoride

I've never had a cavity.
 
I eat so much chocolate I really can't believe I still have teeth. However, I do floss after I eat steak. I've never had cavity though. And if I did my parents would kill me I think they spent 10k on my teeth.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Never flossed because I never had a cavity or any other problems that would give me motivation to do so.

However, bight-wings taken at my last exam 5 months ago showed the slightest bit of demineralization between two teeth. Since then I am a daily flosser, and now it just feels weird when I don’t!
 
Daily...I had a horrible dental care as a kid, and don't have the best genes either so I've had plenty of cavities. Ill do anything to precent dying without my own teeth 🙂
 
i try to floss everyday. When i come home from the bars, i typically do not (just brush). I just go sleepy.
 
for some reason i can't stand to go to bed without flossing. anyone else here that hates waxed floss? i use that woven floss and it rocks.
 
no matter what I do, i still get cavaties(about 3-4 per year).😡 But I still floss in an attempt to still ahve teeth when I'm thirty.
 
i've been lucky to never have had cavities, but that may change if i continue grinding my teeth down to nothing while i sleep at night... need to get a bruxism guard pretty bad.
 
Honestly I think it does predents some good to have a few teeth issues (cavities, bruxism, etc) before they become dentists --- this way we can understand what our patients are going through. Although, flossing is good =).
 
Honestly I think it does predents some good to have a few teeth issues (cavities, bruxism, etc) before they become dentists --- this way we can understand what our patients are going through. Although, flossing is good =).

I totally agree! I've had a few dental professionals tell me that since I am dental phobic and because my mouth is FAR from perfect, I will be a better dentist(if I get in)...