-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted407021
Idk, not a whole lot. Being a student without a lot of money, my GF and I usually Netflix and chill.
Netflix and jill 😉Idk, not a whole lot. Being a student without a lot of money, my GF and I usually Netflix and chill.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't drink so going out doesn't consist of me getting hammered out of my mind. I like to go to gatherings with friends, or just hang at social spots -- I may smoke hookah or some pot every once in a while. I've been very busy this semester so I haven't been going out much. Any free time I've had, I'd rather just sleep or spend some time with my family.
D
deleted407021
Jetflix and nillNetflix and jill 😉
Every night between 2-5am
We try to go out at least once or twice a week. It was a little more back in UG when we had more time.
I see you Jeff DunhamEvery night between 2-5am
It wasn't until my junior year of college that I started going out weeklu. Took me a while to get my academics really under control, but now that I'm a senior (and luckily accepted to a med school!) I go out like 3 times a week haha. And I just aced a round of midterms so my GPA isn't dropping, which is great.
D
deleted421268
Also kind of school you go to like if one goes to party school no need to go outside of campus as compared to dry schools where there not too many people and parties could play a factor.
I lived in a frat house so "going out" consisted of walking down to my basement and getting very drunk with my best friends on "free" beer or spirits(that we did technically pay for through social dues). We'd go to the campus bar or local clubs too if it was a weekend. Good semesters I did this like 1-2 times a week. Bad semesters (grade wise) it would be 4-5 nights a week 😱. Moral of the story, don't do that unless you're OK with making a sub 3.0 GPA for your first half of undergrad lol.
For context I went to a private southern school were a big chunk of the student body was in Greek life.
For context I went to a private southern school were a big chunk of the student body was in Greek life.
As a freshman, once a week.
As sophomore, once a week.
As a junior, once a month.
As a senior, once a semester.
It kinda wears off after a while, especially when you like in NYC.
As a post-grad, ain't nobody got friends for that.
As sophomore, once a week.
As a junior, once a month.
As a senior, once a semester.
It kinda wears off after a while, especially when you like in NYC.
As a post-grad, ain't nobody got friends for that.
UG, every other day of the week..postbacc, I can count the amount of times I've been out since August on one hand. Luckily, my II's have been in cities where I have close friends
If "going out" refers to partying: Freshman through junior year, 1-3 times per week. Senior year, 1-2x per week. As I got older I stopped going out as much mostly because I got bored with the party scene, and increasingly began to dislike alcohol (or at least, the after-effects).
With respect to ANY non-academic activity, I would say 3-4 nights per week on average throughout undergrad (but I usually studied some on those nights too). Including sports, non-academic clubs, hanging with friends, etc. Restaurants not so much because of poor student syndrome. Even on the weekends where I didn't go out in the party sense (and especially during my senior year), I rarely studied on Friday or Saturday nights except for when I had an exam the following week.
Honestly I think that going out (and playing sports / doing other non-academic things with my time) kept me sane enough to focus when I needed to. You have to have some release!
Ironically managed to maintain a 4.0 every semester except for my last, when I barely went out at all and made some A-'s. 😛
Now that I'm old (ish, lol), graduated, and on my gap year, I barely drink so I go out less. But still invest a lot of time in non-academic activities.
With respect to ANY non-academic activity, I would say 3-4 nights per week on average throughout undergrad (but I usually studied some on those nights too). Including sports, non-academic clubs, hanging with friends, etc. Restaurants not so much because of poor student syndrome. Even on the weekends where I didn't go out in the party sense (and especially during my senior year), I rarely studied on Friday or Saturday nights except for when I had an exam the following week.
Honestly I think that going out (and playing sports / doing other non-academic things with my time) kept me sane enough to focus when I needed to. You have to have some release!
Ironically managed to maintain a 4.0 every semester except for my last, when I barely went out at all and made some A-'s. 😛
Now that I'm old (ish, lol), graduated, and on my gap year, I barely drink so I go out less. But still invest a lot of time in non-academic activities.
Last edited:
D
deleted421268
What is poor college student syndrome?If "going out" refers to partying: Freshman through junior year, 1-3 times per week. Senior year, 1-2x per week. As I got older I stopped going out as much mostly because I got bored with the party scene, and increasingly began to dislike alcohol (or at least, the after-effects).
With respect to ANY non-academic activity, I would say 3-4 nights per week on average throughout undergrad (but I usually studied some on those nights too). Including sports, non-academic clubs, hanging with friends, etc. Restaurants not so much because of poor student syndrome. Even on the weekends where I didn't go out in the party sense (and especially during my senior year), I rarely studied on Friday or Saturday nights except for when I had an exam the following week.
Honestly I think that going out (and playing sports / doing other non-academic things with my time) kept me sane enough to focus when I needed to. You have to have some release!
Ironically managed to maintain a 4.0 every semester except for my last, when I barely went out at all and made some A-'s. 😛
Now that I'm old (ish, lol), graduated, and on my gap year, I barely drink so I go out less. But still invest a lot of time in non-academic activities.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Netjill and flixJetflix and nill
You haven't heard of it?!? It's been described in depth in many prominent medical journals, including JAMA, BMJ, and even Nature...What is poor college student syndrome?
Just kidding. It's my made-up term to describe my state of being in college. In other words, I was too poor to afford to eat at restaurants very often... hard to justify doing so when you are forced to shell out thousands on a meal plan every semester. 😛
The most important meal of the day![]()
omg
Or you did other interesting things lol, going out and having fun doesn't have to be partying.College was 3-4 nights a week of extreme partying. Any less than that and you're trying too hard to be the surgeon general or something
IHOP here does open at 2... so it's understandable.Every night between 2-5am
Gap year, 2-3 times a week with some nights out late. During my UG years, maybe twice a month but no heavy drinking, usually home before midnight unless I was on break.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 510
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 352