How old are you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruth265

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody applying who is over 25?

Members don't see this ad.

You are not alone...I am here with you...:thumbup: :laugh:

i'll be 25 when i enter pharmacy (if i get in *cross fingers*)... i feel so old even thou some may say i'm not... i'll be almost 30 when i graduate

Members don't see this ad :)
22 here. But man do I feel old, knowing I've been out of high school for 5 years.

you feel old...and you're 22 ROFL...iam 22 as well, but i still feel young~i think its also because i look 16...lol

you feel old...and you're 22 ROFL...iam 22 as well, but i still feel young~i think its also because i look 16...lol

Same here. A LOT of people question me whether I'm still in high school or not---from nurses at the hospital where I volunteer at to the security people at the airport. I look like kid, but I feel old on the inside. :laugh:

Entering my first professional year this fall, at age 20.

Same here. A LOT of people question me whether I'm still in high school or not---from nurses at the hospital where I volunteer at to the security people at the airport. I look like kid, but I feel old on the inside. :laugh:

LOL...same here...when i volunteered at Scripps..the nurses thot i was in high school..until i showed them my driver's licence :D

LOL...same here...when i volunteered at Scripps..the nurses thot i was in high school..until i showed them my driver's licence :D

Oh goodness, I just hate it when people don't believe my real age. That is also my pet peeve when nurses ask me "Do you drive?" or "Have you started high school yet?" I volunteer at Hillcrest and most of the staff think I'm a pharmacy student. At another hospital (in Long Beach) where I volunteer in the Neonatal ICU, everyone first thought I was just a little kid so they were hesitant in letting me hold the babies.

I will be 27 in October. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who are concerned about being so old, don't be. In my class I would say about 70% are under 23 but the other 40% including myself are all older. We have a few people that are in their 40's and a fair amount in their later 20's and 30's. If you're concerned about being old when you graduate then consider an accelerate program that is what I am doing so I'll be out a year sooner then most people. I'm 26 and will be almost 29 when I graduate, the way I look at it is better late then never!

I am 26 and starting pharmacy school in the fall... I picked an accelerated prgram so I could be done before I was 30. Hope I don't feel too old when I meet the rest of my class!

We have a lot of people over 25 at our school, including those who started pharm school over 25. Age really isn't an issue at our school.

I'm entering my second year and I just turned 30. In my class we have several people in their 40's and late 30's. In the class above me there is someone in their 50's. It's never too late to take a new direction in your life.

applied last year when I was 27. Now I'm 28 :eek:

Forty, 40, 4 - 0 :eek:

I'll let everyone know if I'm the oldest in my P1 class when I start next week.

:cry:

(not missing my youth, just my youthful body!)

P1 at 30... I still feel young though :p

I hope to be a 30 year old P1. If I get in this year, I will be!!!

I start in 3 weeks and I will be 31 when I graduate. Picking an accelerated program helped, but I still feel young too :) I am glad I waited this long because I have learned so much while working in a different career and I am wise enough to know what I really want, what I don't want and how to prioritize.

you guys are crazy! Im 32 and I just got accepted. I dont feel old at all...I served in the Navy and did alot of crazy stuff. And now I am in pharmacy school. Whoo hoo!

25 when I start in the fall (but soon-ish to be 26), almost 30 when I graduate.

20 right now, man i feel young

I will be almost 25 if I get accepted for Fall of 2010 and 31 when I'm done. Sheesh...oh well, the way I see it, you should allow your 20's to be a time of working towards your career and be set in your career by your 30's.

off topic- are acclerated programs harder to get into, and what schools offer them???

Gonna be 22 in a month.

I will be almost 25 if I get accepted for Fall of 2010 and 31 when I'm done. Sheesh...oh well, the way I see it, you should allow your 20's to be a time of working towards your career and be set in your career by your 30's.

off topic- are acclerated programs harder to get into, and what schools offer them???

I'm not sure if they are harder to get in. MCPHS (Worcester) weighs your ability to handle stress heavily when reviewing your app on top of everything else.

I will be 27 in september and am applying this year. So by the time I graduate then take my licensure exam and officially start I will be 32. :(

I will be 27 in september and am applying this year. So by the time I graduate then take my licensure exam and officially start I will be 32. :(
yeah!! Next year you'll be 28 like me. We're in the same timeline. Don't worry. Don't worry. You're not the only one :)

I'm 36.

Just starting to retake my college science classes. Although I have a BS, the classes are too old...

I hope to have my Pharm. D in six years.

26 but some people mistaken me for looking 19/20....actually I don't know if I should laugh or cry...

40 when accepted, 45 at graduation

I'm 8 years older than my summer internship preceptor.

It's no big deal.

I am 33. I can't apply until next year so I will (hopefully) be almost 35 when I start. But everyone says I look much younger, like mid-20's.

26 but some people mistaken me for looking 19/20....actually I don't know if I should laugh or cry...

You should be ecstatic! It is nice when you are older and look younger, trust me. :)

I'm 37, I'll apply next year when I'm 38, and hope to get my pharmD by the time I'm 43.

I'll be 39 next month. I figure I'll have at least 20 years of working to do before I retire so I might as well be doing something that is a good fit for me.

I'm 39. I'll be starting my first year in a few weeks.

I'm at least a hundred years old. Well... my co-worker calls me an old lady, and I think of old ladies as being 100 years and older, so if she calls me an old lady, then I must be 100 years old. :p

Here's my life-expectancy calculator results:
Results If you continue maintaining healthy habits, you'll want to plan for a maximum life expectancy of 100 years or more.

Your "ideal" weight for maximum longevity is: 136 lbs.

The three biggest positive factors that you have going for you are:
1. Age
2. Gender
3. Diet

The one biggest negative factor that you have going for you is:
1. Family health

So... when I'm 100 years or older, I'll start thinking about being old, death, etc. :cool:

I'm 24. I'll graduate when I'm 26.

25 now
26 when/if I start

:thumbup:

If you would have told me when I was 18 that I would be in school until I was 31 I would have :laugh: in your face. :hardy:

I'm at least a hundred years old. Well... my co-worker calls me an old lady, and I think of old ladies as being 100 years and older, so if she calls me an old lady, then I must be 100 years old. :p

Here's my life-expectancy calculator results:
Results If you continue maintaining healthy habits, you'll want to plan for a maximum life expectancy of 100 years or more.

Your "ideal" weight for maximum longevity is: 136 lbs.

The three biggest positive factors that you have going for you are:
1. Age
2. Gender
3. Diet

The one biggest negative factor that you have going for you is:
1. Family health

So... when I'm 100 years or older, I'll start thinking about being old, death, etc. :cool:

I'm 24. I'll graduate when I'm 26.

The life expectancy calculator is pretty neat. Mine came out to be 93 years old.

I'm 21 now and hope to graduate when I'm 26.