How Old Are You?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How old are you?

• 20 or younger

Votes: 18 12.6%

Votes: 15 10.5%

Votes: 21 14.7%

Votes: 18 12.6%

Votes: 8 5.6%

Votes: 9 6.3%

Votes: 5 3.5%

Votes: 10 7.0%

Votes: 4 2.8%

Votes: 10 7.0%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 2 1.4%

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 4 2.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 39+

Votes: 7 4.9%

• Total voters

turnandburn

DVM
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am soooo procrastinating on getting my app submitted!!! :laugh: And I was thinking we need more polls! What is the age spread around here?

Members don't see this ad.

I am also having a hard time bringing myself to click that dreaded SUBMIT button...it's all there...it's ready to go...but man, it's hard to finalize something so important!

Haha, exactly! I'm afraid of hitting 'submit' then having one of those oh **** moments realizing I completely forgot something!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm really surprised by all the 20 and youngers... are you applying after just two years of pre-reqs then?

im the only 26 year old! and im turning 27 on october 14th. time really flies by.....but i like that i have this mind set now because it forces me to have more fun. lol. :)

Come on non-trads. I know there are more 34's out there, somewhere.

Same for us 35-year-olds....I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one out there!

Lots of us 27 year olds (well I'll be 27 in less than a month). So I'm not the only one suffering from a quarterlife crisis. :D

I'm really surprised by all the 20 and youngers... are you applying after just two years of pre-reqs then?

i am. if i don't get in this cycle and i'll apply again next cycle and graduate early. ...or add a second major and graduate on time :)

I graduated with my BS in May, am spending the year teaching at a deaf school in Mexico and will head to vet school next fall (hopefully Davis, but Penn let me defer, so it Davis doesn't admit me again, Penn it will be). I guess you could say I'm one of those that likes to do things a little bit differently...and, if possible, take advantage of interesting life experiences along the way :)

I graduated with my BS in May, am spending the year teaching at a deaf school in Mexico and will head to vet school next fall (hopefully Davis, but Penn let me defer, so it Davis doesn't admit me again, Penn it will be). I guess you could say I'm one of those that likes to do things a little bit differently...and, if possible, take advantage of interesting life experiences along the way :)

:clap:

Here's hopin' Davis ain't drinking crazy juice and they accept you again like they ought to. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
21 here. guess i had a slightly early quarterlife crisis??
idk though, i will be at least 23 before i'm eligible to apply though. =(
2 more years...
(just decided to do pre-vet w/ in the past year. and i still have to finish vet tech this year before i can even start pre-reqs--although i do have the required pre-calc for my state school out of the way. just hope they don't change it to calc. before i apply!)

and yet witnessing the craziness of application time, i feel like i should be starting my app now! or at least a personal statement that can be adjusted as the next couple years go by.... lol
but i know that's over-doing it. :)

although i have to say i think i have a good PS opening in mind... maybe i should write it down... lol

Any other 28 year olds out there? I can't believe there are so many 27 year olds and I'm the only one who is 28!

im the only 26 year old! and im turning 27 on october 14th. time really flies by.....but i like that i have this mind set now because it forces me to have more fun. lol. :)

my birthday is Oct. 14th too, except I'm 25 turning 26 and not applying this cycle.

I'll be 23 on Oct. 25th.

I've noticed the older I get, the more I dread becoming a year older. :laugh:

im 22, and will turn one year older on Nov.20th , but i will apply next year, it will be two years older than now:D

Last edited:
Come on non-trads. I know there are more 34's out there, somewhere.

<-38....39 by the time I get "news" next year.

Cute new icon Truth...is that a new edition?

<-38....39 by the time I get "news" next year.

Cute new icon Truth...is that a new edition?

New Icon? Yes. New dog? Nope. That's my old man, Cotton. He's coming up on 13 and still acts like a puppy.

hey we both have the same birthday, but I will be turning 23..yeah another october baby:)

Am I the only "40-something" around here??:scared:

Am I the only "40-something" around here??:scared:

I too am a member of the 40-something club. This is my fourth time applying - got close the past 2 years as I was granted interviews at my chosen school (UF), but I was denied admission because my interviews didn't apparently go as well as they could have - even though the dean told me I was perfect on paper. Go figure.

I know I would be in vet school now if I was able to apply to out of state schools (UF is my in-state school), but in addition to all the baggage one accumulates at this stage in life, but I have a low-functioning disabled brother that I also have to think about as both our parents are deceased and I am his legal guardian.

Looks like 36 is the only one not represented. Any takers?

I was one of those kids whose birthday just missed the cutoff date (december 3rd), so my parents put me into school a year early. So from preschool all the way to undergrad I've been a year younger than everyone else in my class. That means I was 17 starting undergrad (which kinda sucked) and I won't be turning 21 until midway through senior year (which REALLY sucks).

I'm gonna guess that most of the 20-and-unders aren't applying this cycle. I know I'm not. I guess I could have applied this year...but I'd much rather have the time to get additional experience and be able to devote more time to putting together a really great application next time around.

I'm gonna guess that most of the 20-and-unders aren't applying this cycle.

Ah! That hadn't even occured to me. I was wondering why there were so many 'youngins' here! :laugh:

I should have qualified this poll for applicants only... :rolleyes:

So there must be a bunch of us non trads out there. My class this year I think someone said our average age is 28. I'm 32 soon to be 33(Dec) and I know of at least 4 other mid 30 people in our class.

yeeeah- calling all 22-year-olds, lets beat this poll! we're in the lead!