1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

How quickly are secondaries sent out?

Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by Zmoney12, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Zmoney12

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    I am wondering how soon (approximately) after you sent in your AAMCAS did you all start receiving secondaries?

The reason I wonder is because I plan to be out of the country for the majority of the summer. I plan on submitting my AAMCAS very early (hopefully early June), and want to know whether I should plan on working on the secondaries over the summer or if they won't come until later anyway. I realize it probably varies quite a bit, but any general insight would be great.

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Secondaries don't start coming in until usually August and many September or even later. This is true even if you submit your AMCAS as soon as possible. I wouldn't worry about it too much if you're back in August or early September.

4. SpeakLittleB

SpeakLittleB Member
    7+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    for the schools that send out secondaries to everyone, you can usually find those online or from others on sdn. i finished over half my secondaries during the summer. i'm not sure if ur post means that you do or don't want to work over the summer.. but if u can't work on them until you get back, that's ok too. just work on them quickly and submit as soon as you can. i think schools don't start reviewing their secondaries until at least mid-august.