How relevant is the 2009 DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiscoverWeakly

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has any insight into how relevant the 2009 DAT is at this time, now that we're 10 years removed from when the test was in circulation. I've read the the QR has changed pretty drastically, but how about the TS sections?

I ask because I have my DAT coming up in a couple days and was getting a little discouraged with Bootcamp, then took the 2009 exam and scored very well.

Just want to make sure I understand what I'm walking into on test day.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!

The 2009 DAT is relevant only as far as getting you accoustomed to the sections and the TYPE of questions you are likely to encounter on your exam. As far as the difficulty level, it is pretty well agreed that the 2009 DAT is much easier than the actual exam. In short to answer your question:

Is it representative: Not really
Is it good practice still: Yes!

I always recommend using the 2009 DAT to 'wet your feet' prior to prepping for your exam. I hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Anything made by the test-taker is good practice imo and a good representation but some sections of the DAT changed, so take the math section mainly with a grain of salt. I think the other guy was referring to the 2007 practice test which is the easier test.