How reliable is Indeed.com ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taken2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who graduated this Dec. He has been applying to job openings on indeed.com and has not gotten any response back. he is still waiting to take the board exam though and I adviced him to concentrate on studying for his board exam first. my conversation with him kind of made me wonder if the jobs posted on indeed actually do exist.

Members don't see this ad.

Indeed.com just draws from job postings found on other websites, so if someone isn't hearing back from any of the places they applied through Indeed, the should probably track down exactly where the job was posted and start there. I've gotten my past two jobs from indeed, so it's not impossible.

Indeed.com was recommended to me by several people, but it looked to me like someone just got a stack of newspapers and transcribed all the want ads. :rolleyes: The same job will have multiple listings; this is quite obvious if you look carefully enough. Plus, not a small number of the jobs will already be filled by the time Indeed gets wind of them.