How representative should the aamc practice tests be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Schemp

drawing infinity
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the official mcat today and don't feel like I did that well. It seemed to test everything I was weakest on (in the biological and physical sciences), and not much else. Honestly, it also just seemed a step above the practice tests I took in general question complexity.

I've tried to look through some previous people's threads and haven't really had the question answered - is it fair to expect that you would normally score in the range of your practice exams?

I only took three, besides the free #3. I took 4, 10, and 9, in that order. I got a 38, 35, and another 35. These were all taken for the first time over the course of two days, and this was the two days before I took the real one today.

So, although I realize this is a bit preemptive, if I DO do worse than a 35, is it worth restudying a bit, taking a few more practices and seeing if I score at least 35, and eventually retaking the MCAT if I'm capable of significantly better? On all three practices I received a 12 on physical sciences and a 14, 12, and then another 14 on biological sciences. I am not sure I got a 12 on either in this case.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

Members don't see this ad.