how rude

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christinejane19

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been complete at several schools since september/october (called to confirm), and haven't gotten one thing in the mail/email from them ...I think applicants should get a refund for the application fee if the school hasn't contacted you in over 7 months.. :rolleyes: Who else is with me on this??

May as well have just crumpled up a couple hundred in cash and stuffed it in the mailbox !

Members don't see this ad.

I'm with you. Absolutely. For the price of the secondary fee, they should be able to at LEAST at the VERY LEAST send a email rejection/wait notice.

ShyRem said:
I'm with you. Absolutely. For the price of the secondary fee, they should be able to at LEAST at the VERY LEAST send a email rejection/wait notice.

A-men to that! With those pricey secondary fees, they could at least afford a stamp to tell you that you're rejected!

Members don't see this ad :)
christinejane19 said:
So I've been complete at several schools since september/october (called to confirm), and haven't gotten one thing in the mail/email from them ...I think applicants should get a refund for the application fee if the school hasn't contacted you in over 7 months.. :rolleyes: Who else is with me on this??

May as well have just crumpled up a couple hundred in cash and stuffed it in the mailbox !

It would seem only fair, but according to AACOMAS, these are the only things that schools need to do to be considered "inclusive and professional":

AACOMAS said:
Admission Guidelines of the
American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine

The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) encourages each of its member colleges to conduct an application process that is inclusive and professional. The purpose of these guidelines is to allow prospective students to explore their options within the osteopathic medical community and to give the colleges of osteopathic medicine an ability to process, select and matriculate applicants in a fair and timely manner.

1. Colleges of osteopathic medicine will publish and follow an application schedule.

2. Colleges of osteopathic medicine will publish their respective application procedures and admission requirements.

3. Colleges of osteopathic medicine may begin extending offers of admission at any time after an interview. Applicants will be requested to submit necessary matriculation documents, including a deposit, according to the following schedule:

those accepted prior to November 15 will have until December 14;
those accepted between November 15 and January 14 will have 30 days;
those accepted between January 15 and June 14 will have 14 days;
those accepted on or after June 15 may be asked for an immediate deposit.

4. Colleges of osteopathic medicine are encouraged to adhere to reasonable admission fees, policies and schedules.

Perhaps you should take your case to AACOMAS. I'm sure that quite a few other applicants would be willing to agree with your stipulations.

I really don't see a problem with it. If you are dissatisifed, they could honestly care less with the amount of applications they get.

Buckeye(OH) said:
I really don't see a problem with it.

The problem I see is this:

When an individual purchases a product or service, he/she is entitled to a receipt.

Through the application fee, we pay for the admissions committee to provide the service of considering our application. Therefore, we should recieve acknowledgement - in the form of acceptance, rejection, "hold", or a mere "your application is under review."

Just my 2 cents...granted I'm a little bitter ;)