How screwed am I?

Started by kew
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kew

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took the DAT a week ago and got 16/17/18 on it with a 3.62 gpa. First of all, how screwed am I? Second, I am going to retake it in 3 months and should do a lot better, I was just wondering if it will be almost too late at that point to redeem myself for this cycle. I don't know how many interview offers I'll get. But I was just wondering what the outcome would be if I got like a 20+ on it in November. Do schools really look at people that well if a retake happens in November? I have a lot of strong extras to go with my application, so I know I could get into tons of places if I just get a decent DAT, I just hope it's not too late. Any imput would be helpful. Thanx, Kenny
 
After December, you may get rejected by the more competitive and difficult school, but I think most schools will probably hold off enough so that you get your second scores it. If you get 20, I think you are in with your high gpa. Have you tried studying with topscore? I found that the ochem/chem portions are completely like the real test. In fact, I think even if you only studied the topscore for those portions, you could get in the 20s. Kaplan is best for biology.

Good luck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad