How should I answer this question??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R Sterling

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't matched for 2 cycles now and I'm on my third try come this July. Will programs know that I am a repeat applicant? More importantly, how should I answer the question "So, why do you think you haven't matched yet?"

If you need my backstory, do a quick search of my prior posts, and you'll see.

I know that's going to be coming, so I want to be prepared in advance.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't matched for 2 cycles now and I'm on my third try come this July. Will programs know that I am a repeat applicant? More importantly, how should I answer the question "So, why do you think you haven't matched yet?"

If you need my backstory, do a quick search of my prior posts, and you'll see.

I know that's going to be coming, so I want to be prepared in advance.

Thank you!

Since everyone will be doing YOU the favor here, why don't you repeat your story. Copy and paste if you want, but I'm not expending extra energy digging through your post history.

I think you should have a better idea of why you havent matched yet than us. Answering that question will help you with the weak points of your application. Like JDH said, we need more info - are your numbers not realistic for a competitive field, are you not applying broadly enough, are their big red flags on your app, etc. Also, what did you do differently between application cycles 1 and 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.