how should I approach this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DUPH

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got hired as a dental assistant for my gap year. Should I contact some of the schools to update my application? Has anyone done anything like this?

Members don't see this ad.

So I just got hired as a dental assistant for my gap year. Should I contact some of the schools to update my application? Has anyone done anything like this?

as many suggest, save this for your interview.

Side question: do you have any prior assistant experience or x-ray certification that get you hired?

Nope, somehow managed to charm them enough to hire me without any experiences (except shadowing). Dr said hes gonna train me, so I guess I lucked out :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, somehow managed to charm them enough to hire me without any experiences (except shadowing). Dr said hes gonna train me, so I guess I lucked out :)

and this is at a different office?

yea i just got hired as a uncertified dental assistant too but I did assist during my shadowing (no shadow just assisting that counts for shadowing) but she told me to take the xray course and will train me :)

yea different office, I just sent out my resume everywhere and they called back LOL.

Reactions: 1 user
yea different office, I just sent out my resume everywhere and they called back LOL.

thats great ;) I guess luck plays the most in this getting dental assistant without experience

Reactions: 1 user
thats great ;) I guess luck plays the most in this getting dental assistant without experience

haha. so do you plan on just talking about it during your interviews? I think i might mention that I going to work as a DA in some of the secondary apps.

haha. so do you plan on just talking about it during your interviews? I think i might mention that I going to work as a DA in some of the secondary apps.

yea I guess. I submitted all my secondaries a while ago.