1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

How should i continue studying? Please help :- )

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by MedQuest, Jun 30, 2002.

1. MedQuest

MedQuest Da Truth
    7+ Year Member

I am preparing for the august mcat. I am taking the kaplan mcat course and i was wondering how i should keep on studying. For the VR i'm doing passages and reading. I am putting in alot of extra time in the PS. Should i learn the kaplan book cold or should i just have a general understanding. My goal is to learn all the formulas cold and how they relate. For the BS i'm not really worried because i think i know biology and organic pretty well even though i am putting some good time in. I plan to learn the material cold first and then start taking practice exams. I will start taking practice exams besides the given kaplan a month before the mcat. Can i please get any suggestions on what to change in my way of studying plan or if i should alter it. I feel that i worry too much for any test and now especially for the mcat. I hope i just have to take it once. Any suggestions? i would appreciate it. Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Depends on your study habits... I made note cards of all the important info. in Kaplan's books, memorized the note cards, and basically doubled my score. Many people don't take this approach because it requires a month of solid work. However, you will notice in the end, that when you get the basics down, the mcat is actually easier than college exams