Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

How should I continue studying?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by asfasdfasdferwerw, Jul 30, 2015.

1. asfasdfasdferwerw

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi everyone.

My test is on September 14th. I've been studying for the past month and a half, and so far I've gone through the destroyer once for bio ochem and gen chem and watched all of chad's videos and taken notes on all the mistakes i made and what I learned. My problem is, I don't know how to continue studying the sciences from here. I am subscribed on Bootcamp and am considering buying the full subscription to qvault, and I don't know if I should move on to those or to go through chad's videos and destroyer again at 2x speed?

Also for QR, could anyone throw in their 2 cents regarding whats most and least beneficial between, DAT Destroyer QR, Math Destroyer, Bootcamp QR, and Qvault QR?

Thank you all so much for for your help and good luck with studying :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bodmon

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'd milk as much as I could out of destroyer. Im planning on going through it 3x before my exam, I'm on my third attempt right now. It just helps solidify everything. Depending on your pace, you might even forget how to do a question on your third try of it. Apparently Q vault is good for the sciences (mainly bio?). You have some time left before your exam so it might be worth your while to purchase. I never listened to chad's again because I took solid notes on the first time of watching him, but maybe his quizzes are worth doing for a second time.

Destroyer QR and Math destroyer, are good to do in that order, then BC QR to scare the **** out of you once you feel like you're ready

orgoman22 likes this.
  4. ThunderSplash

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I only went through Chad's once and Destroyer twice. Going through Destroyer again will let you narrow the answers down and make you argue with yourself on which answer is correct, which helps solidify concepts. Definitely go through the entirety of Destroyer again. Do 60GC,60OC and 100 Bio each day. You'll fly through it since you'll know a good bit of it and be done in no time.

For QR, Math destroyer is all you need. It's great. I used it and Bootcamp. Bootcamp is much harder than the real deal (don't get discouraged), but my estimated score average was a 20 and that's what I made so...

5. Fets

Fets D2
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm at the exact same point as you. I've gone through o-chem and g-chem in the Destroyer, and have watched all of Chad's videos. My test is September 4th. At this point, I'm taking detailed notes on Cliff's AP Bio and filling them in with information from Ferali's notes (mostly physiology). I think it'll be a good idea to go through the Destroyer a second time, and at least watch Chad's videos a second time as well. I'm going to get QVault. I've heard good things about it on here, so I would say to go for it.

As for QR, most people think that the Destroyer and the Math Destroyer are great. Bootcamp is supposed to be pretty difficult, but since you already have it, use it for QR. I don't know about QVault yet.