Medical How should I move forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a non traditional student. UG GPA 2.8, Master's Degree in Business 3.8 , this is a finance degree. I learned late about ADHD and addressed when taking Master's courses. Science courses have been taken at overcrowded public schools taught by visiting adjunct professors after Master's degree work. Have retaken Biology 1 Lecture and Lab, have retaken Physics 1 with lab, and Chemistry 2. Retakes for these have been A, A-, B+, A- in that order . The originals were, C+, C-, F, D in that order . Presently enrolled in Biochemistry 1 Lecture and Lab with an A average in both and project SGPA to be 3.0 at end of semester. Orgo 1 Lecture with lab combined C+, Orgo 2 marked as Credit due to Covid-19. Bio 2 with lab is C, Physics 2 with lab is C. Chemistry 1 is an A- along with an A in lab for Chemistry 1 and 2 .

I have worked over five years paid as an office assistant to a Physician in an urban cancer hospital, primarily working with patients who need to be seen for cancer treatments and who require attention to daily symptoms. I truly enjoy helping patients live better lives and want to be directly involved in their care. I am interested in DO, I do appreciate a holistic and manipulative approach to treating patients and considering many factors while they are diagnosed, treated , and cared for. I am interested in DO schools in the Northwest, Southeast, and Northeast. Primarily schools in California, Florida, and New York. I am also interested in DO/JD programs to advocate for policy change to serve our underserved communications and populations.

I have not taken an MCAT yet, due to Covid-19 , I have underlying asthma but am aware test dates have concluded for 2020 but many DO schools are accepting applications without MCATs as of now, and would extend an admission to class only when they have been taken but would consider an application without one.

I am not sure how to move forward here, I would be able to obtain a recommendation from an MD and Faculty member, but not sure of a committee letter. I also am not sure if anyone would recommend taking any other courses, or signing up to take an MCAT in 2021 for the 2020-2021 cycle or 2021-2022 cycle. Would there be any schools one would recommend as well ?

I appreciate the consult very much.
I can't recommend applying without the MCAT. You also need to take another 15+ science credits and ace those (ie, 3.7+). As a reinventor, you need to apply with the best possible app. The people who have been getting interviews without MCATs (and these are only a handful) so far have GPAs of 3.5+, and those are without reinvention.

Read this:

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.