How should I study for the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kavity

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm signed up for Dr. Romano's DAT Destroyer course, but I'm not sure if it's worth shelling out the cash.
Should I start Dr. Romano's course, or should I just get Chad's videos and work the problems in the Destroyer book myself and get Crack DAT PAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly don't think the course is necessary. I would rather use that money to buy more study materials or save it up for AADSAS app that opens tomorrow. Also, you would get more help if you post this in DAT section of the forum

I honestly don't think the course is necessary. I would rather use that money to buy more study materials or save it up for AADSAS app that opens tomorrow. Also, you would get more help if you post this in DAT section of the forum
Sorry, didn't realize! Will do, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I drive big SUV? or a small 4-cylinder car?

Depends on many factors, can you afford the course? how close are you to the course?

Should I drive big SUV? or a small 4-cylinder car?

Depends on many factors, can you afford the course? how close are you to the course?
I can afford it, I'm about half an hour away.

I think prep courses can be very beneficial for certain people and not necessary for others. The best course of action depends on how you study best and what would allow you to retain the most information.

From my own experience, I felt that taking a course would be unnecessary since there is only so much the course will do; you have to discipline yourself and study on your own anyway so might as well save that money and put it towards more test prep material. I just read several breakdowns on the DAT Discussion section of this forum and figured out what I wanted to buy and what studying strategies would work for me. There is really so much valuable information on SDN that can seriously save you a lot of cash!

I wouldn't bother getting CDP, I only used the 5 DAT bootcamp tests for PAT the week before my test and scored a 21 in perceptual ability. I also thought that Chad's videos along with the destroyer were more than enough for gchem and ochem, especially for the price.

Last edited:
Have you checked the ultimate breakdown collection? All of the best materials are contained there. :)

If you have the money for the course, then sure, take it. I'm sure it's better than Kaplan!

Reactions: 1 user
yeah just don't take Kaplan course lol

Reactions: 1 user
Have you checked the ultimate breakdown collection? All of the best materials are contained there. :)

If you have the money for the course, then sure, take it. I'm sure it's better than Kaplan!
What's the ultimate breakdown collection?