how some dental schools look at DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oracle DMD

Chuck NOracle DMD
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just a heads up. i know everyone is striving for their best DAT scores, but if you happen to fall short in an area, know that dental schools vary in how they view your scores. some prefer to focus on your AA, and some add all your scores together and view the total (ie their system shows a score of 110 for your DAT). some schools like UOP have cut offs per section (ie. they love the DAT and REALLY want you above 18 in every section) vs MWU where your total is taken into account.

knowing this kind of stuff can be to oyur advantage when applying because if you hit a 23 in bio but stuggle in QR and get a 16 or 15 or something, you know that your strong section will "rescue" your weak section, and you'll look better to one school than the other.

anyways, just tryin to chime in and help out!
-Your friendly neighborhood Oracle

Members don't see this ad.

I am assuming you mean they add everything except the AA and TS... right?

Cause I just added up everyone (with aa and ts) it was like 166... I was like "hmmmm something isn't right here"... i took them out and ended up with 123.