Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How soon should I take the MCAT after I finish a Kaplan course?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Member 870, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Member 870

Member 870 The Member...

Pre-Medical
    Here's my situation. I'm taking the Kaplan course from May 22 - Aug 4. Should I take the MCAT two days later on Aug 6, or wait a few days later for the Aug 9 or Aug 14 exam? I guess my underlying question is how long should I let my mind rest before I take the test? I've seen on other threads that some people work problem sets up until an hour before the actual test, but shouldn't there be a rest time between 5 hour tests? Sorry to ramble.

MCAT 1: 26 - 11V, 8P, 7B

MCAT 2: 24 - 9V, 7P, 8B

MCAT 3: ? Hopefully higher than a 31.:luck:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    I'd say the 9th would give your mind a bit of a rest while giving you enough to do go over your weakest points.