How the &#*&#@...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
did Pathology pass us in total # of posts?!?!?!?!?!

I am sorely disappointed.

:(

Q

Members don't see this ad.

Screw that!

That's one more post for us!

Another post. Let's get 'em!

Members don't see this ad :)
I swear Milonakis (or whatever his name is) does nothing but post all day long. For a long stretch he was posting 40+ times per day.

OK. It's official. You guys are dorks. ;) .

Willamette

We may have a video game, anime, a ?boat with a beanie and a meer cat with a guitar as our avatars, but you have Napolean Dynomite and you're calling us dorks?

I noticed that about the Path Forum the other day but I didn't investigate. Quinn... can't you ban those guys or something?

USCDiver said:
We may have a video game, anime, a ?boat with a beanie and a meer cat with a guitar as our avatars, but you have Napolean Dynomite and you're calling us dorks?

I noticed that about the Path Forum the other day but I didn't investigate. Quinn... can't you ban those guys or something?

Yep. I'm calling you dorks :p . Now I'm off to make myself a dang "kesa-dilla." Or maybe I'll draw a picture of a liger. I haven't decided which...

Willamette

This happened like 4 months ago. :laugh:

Lately we have been much more on topic, we have one big random thread and a couple of others pop up here and there. But if you actually see the threads most of them are related!

I'm sure you guys are never random at all, either. :p

Here's another post for you, btw.

yaah said:

Lately we have been much more on topic, we have one big random thread and a couple of others pop up here and there. But if you actually see the threads most of them are related!

Shameless post pad!

- H

guys...chill out...it's path....they are probably kickin' back in the lab...relaxing over a nice movie while waiting for the PCR to finish....maybe post a little here and there while the cultures are growin'....browse the net while the autoclave finishes washing the dishes... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(something tells me we are about to get raided by furious pathologists with their centrifuges on high in this forum soon!!)

ps...here's one more post for the tally

QuinnNSU said:
did Pathology pass us in total # of posts?!?!?!?!?!
I started post-bac.
QuinnNSU said:
I am sorely disappointed. :( Q
Me too! Write me a note and I'll make sure my profs give me a couple hours a day to spend here. Ya never know; it might work. "It'll keep me sane, promise!"

I have a presentation I'm doing tomorrow on troponin. Anybody got advice? Or something that rhymes with "troponin" for the big gangsta-rap finish?

Hmm, what? Is something going on here? (rolls over and goes back to sleep)

Members don't see this ad :)
Febrifuge said:
I started post-bac.

Me too! Write me a note and I'll make sure my profs give me a couple hours a day to spend here. Ya never know; it might work. "It'll keep me sane, promise!"

I have a presentation I'm doing tomorrow on troponin. Anybody got advice? Or something that rhymes with "troponin" for the big gangsta-rap finish?
how about the movie "Ronin" with one of the greatest car chase scenes ever. made me fall in love with the BMW 5 series.... only 5 years later have i outgrown that love.

Q

QuinnNSU said:
how about the movie "Ronin" with one of the greatest car chase scenes ever. made me fall in love with the BMW 5 series.... only 5 years later have i outgrown that love.
Q

Actin is the moleule that acts like a stacker
Tropomy'sin squeezes it, won't let it be no slacker
Contract and release, like a sweaty bare-backer
The system is so sweet I could spread it on a cracker.

Calcium's the ion that inserts like it's bonin'
Kickin' tropomy'sin like the hoes I be ownin'
Workin' on your muscles like DeNiro starred in "Ronin,"
Pull that slack up, b!tches, when we bind tro-po-nin.

heh. Too bad the actual presentation can't include that.

Oh I think it should. It definitely should. As a matter of fact, you should probably write a study guide titled something like "Easy cardiac physiology for gangsta's and hoes"

Attachments

• gangsta.jpg
    gangsta.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 117
Febrifuge said:

If you don't use it I am! (And what a shame for a Hennepin boy to give it up to Mayo!)

+pad+ :p

- H

Febrifuge said:

Can I write you a LOR to get into medical school?

:)
:love: +pad+
Q

Seaglass said:
Oh I think it should. It definitely should. As a matter of fact, you should probably write a study guide titled something like "Easy cardiac physiology for gangsta's and hoes"
Genius. This would be wasted on post-bac Cell Bio. And I'll be home and doing research in the ED around the time of the annual Holiday party. Hmm...

FoughtFyr said:
If you don't use it I am! (And what a shame for a Hennepin boy to give it up to Mayo!)
+pad+ :p
- H
Oh, no you di'int!

Actually, let's stop the bloodshed and end this senseless Northside vs. Northside war before it starts. Use it with my blessing.

QuinnNSU said:
Can I write you a LOR to get into medical school?
:) :love: +pad+
Q
Hell to the yes! I would be honored.

"Although his science and medical education is only getting started, Mr. Febrifuge has already gained valuable experience. He has in some ways done the truly advanced work, and developed a skewed worldview and utter lack of respect for certain of the more horrible realities in life. He is able to make fun of things that are incredibly boring. He can rhyme, represent, and bust out with mad flow. These skills will no doubt serve him well in a very successful career as an Emergency Medicine physician."

+pad+

because you have been slacking quinn!

They've got a single thread with more than 4000 posts and three posters with more than 30,000 posts between them. I wouldn't feel too threatened. The underlying pathology seems pretty obvious.

The worry isn't that they're cooler than us. I mean, c'mon, it's just not concievable. The worry is that they have more posts than us... regardless of whatever pathologic means they used.

ERMudPhud said:
They've got a single thread with more than 4000 posts and three posters with more than 30,000 posts between them. I wouldn't feel too threatened. The underlying pathology seems pretty obvious.
what would happen if some... SDN Super Moderator... accidentally deleted that thread that has 4000 posts... thus reducing Pathology's total thread count by nearly 1/6?

Q

QuinnNSU said:
what would happen if some... SDN Super Moderator... accidentally deleted that thread that has 4000 posts... thus reducing Pathology's total thread count by nearly 1/6?

Q

smite.jpg

Heh. You can't post images in this forum. :oops:

QuinnNSU said:

Q

Hmmm, only science can answer this question. Perhaps an experiment? Of course, you'd need a control group....perhaps....this forum?

The control treatment might be, let's see...hmmmm, add the 4,000 post thread to this forum?

All in the name of science and EBP*, of course.

Take care,
Jeff

*Evidence Based Posting

Feb,
Strong work, my friend. That post was truly inspirational. Bravo!

Apollyon said:
I haven't.

dude, my dad just picked up a 2000 323i... not exactly the most glamerous of bimmer's, except this one has been ripped apart and rebuilt as a street racer (yes, he is having a midlife crisis). the dyno shows 350hp at the rear wheels. it's the fastest, most tight handling car i've ever driven. he blew the doors off of our neighboors 2001 vette.

Febrifuge said:

That was hilarious :laugh:

yaah said:

Yaah, what in the world are you doing over here? Back to path for you...go on now...go!

Oh sheet we got served!!!
Two words pathology...... IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH yeah that's right beeatch IT IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!