Technology How to access record of computer activity?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BATiger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to recover information typed previously on my computer? Isn't there some kind of record hidden within my hard drive? How do I access it?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how to recover information typed previously on my computer? Isn't there some kind of record hidden within my hard drive? How do I access it?
Thanks

Unless the software was installed onto your computer without you knowing it, a record of your user activity isn't usually logged on your computer. You can get software that will function in the manner you are inquiring about.

There are programs called keyloggers that record every keystroke and opened program in your computer. You can buy them from the web or your local computer store. Some most keyloggers have an "invisible" option that hides any trace of the installed program. It creates a hidden folder that only the owner can open, usually with a password. Many people buy these programs to keep tabs on what their children are doing online or even to spy on their husbands or wives. (It says a lot about how dysfunctional a person's family is if that person has to resort to spying.)

Be aware that while it is perfectly legal to use the software on YOUR computer, it is illegal to install it on someone else's computer without their consent.

web or document?

i think it is different for each ....isnt it

signed
amateur