• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

How to address institutional action on secondaries

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
  1. Attending Physician
All that said, many secondaries have a question about disciplinary action. Obviously I won't leave that blank, but I don't know what more I can say from what I said on the primary. Should I go into more detail or just rehash it? Should I try a different approach entirely?

Finally, would it be a bad idea to talk about the IA as a "biggest challenge" answer? Again, it was a very hard time for me, when I had to look at myself in the mirror and reevaluate myself. I came out of this process for the better, but it was difficult. I think that discussing that growth could be a compelling response, but also focusing so much on the most negative part of my application could be foolhardy.
They already know that the primary has a required essay for an IA so if they ask about it in the secondary, they want to hear more about it (or at least give you more chance to explain).
Was it your biggest challenge? If so, go for it. I can't say I would recommend all three in the same application, though

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.