How to answer this interview question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sbuxaddict

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the interview feedback site and saw this question:

"What was the most difficult medical decision you ever made in your life?"

I'm not really sure what they're asking and I can't think of a situation where I had to make a medical decision (except for maybe myself, but I don't feel like that's relevant to evaluating me as an applicant). Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the question?

Members don't see this ad.

Perhaps that guy is a healthcare worker or something and the question is specific to him. I wouldn't even begin to know how to answer this question if it was given to me.

Do I take the red pill, or the blue pill?

tsryy.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking at the interview feedback site and saw this question:

I'm not really sure what they're asking and I can't think of a situation where I had to make a medical decision (except for maybe myself, but I don't feel like that's relevant to evaluating me as an applicant). Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the question?

Likely this person has some healthcare experience you don't. Rephrase it to have to do w your own previous employment. (What was the hardest decision you had to make as a...? Tell me about a time when you had to fire an employee? Tell me about a time when you and your boss disagreed on something important at work. Etc.)

Perhaps that guy is a healthcare worker or something and the question is specific to him. I wouldn't even begin to know how to answer this question if it was given to me.

Hmm that's a good point, I didn't think about that. If I got that, I would just draw a blank and go, "um, what?". Not a good answer :p

Likely this person has some healthcare experience you don't. Rephrase it to have to do w your own previous employment. (What was the hardest decision you had to make as a...? Tell me about a time when you had to fire an employee? Tell me about a time when you and your boss disagreed on something important at work. Etc.)

Ahh I see, thanks for the input!

Do I take the red pill, or the blue pill?

tsryy.jpg

That would be awesome if the interviewer got the reference. :thumbup:

Yea that question was most likely for someone who had healthcare field experience and probably came up when they were talking about that area. In general they don't ask you specific questions like that unless there is something in your application that warrants them. Just make sure you know your own application in and out.

Never heard this question asked of pre-medical students, and would be very surprised if it were