how to answer this question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bracehead

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who do u consider to be your hero?

Members don't see this ad.

bracehead said:

I'm glad I did not get that answer but planned on using someone I greatly admire, their qualities I wished to emulate, and why I'd like to emulate them. Can't say I would call them my hero but I think that is close enough.

As an interviewer I can tell you that we are not looking for any specific answer so you do not need to try to blow smoke. These types of questions are more to assess your thinking and let us get to know you. I love to ask questions like these b/c there are many people that believe that a good applicant is more than just numbers.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are in fact several ways to look at this. You don't need to just answer one person, you can talk about one person for each quality that represents you. For example, you can admire your grandfather for his courage to win over a disease; your teacher for his/her patients at teaching the toughest students; or a famous person for his/her outstanding trait.

This question is basically "what kind of person are you?" Since you're a 3-dimensional person, you can talk about multiple people and multiple traits.

bracehead said:

My father, pure and simple. Any man that goes to Vietnam to get money so that his mother and 4 brothers can eat is an amazing man.

come on, now. Sailor moon! She fights evil forces, bags the cute older guy and is late for school everyday. My hero