General Admissions & OTCAS How to ask for a deposit extension?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doglover54321

Reaction score
Hi there! I have gotten two acceptances so far but both of them gave me significantly shorter times to accept/put down my deposit than expected. I got accepted to USAHS on 11/10 and they only gave me 21 days to decide (deposit was due 12/1). I got accepted to Belmont around 11/18 and they are giving me until Jan 4th to decide. However, I got an interview for NAU next week and they said NAU decisions won't come out until late Jan and I haven't heard anything at all from some of my other schools (rumor is that they will send out interview invites in Jan). How do I go about asking for an extension? I asked USAHS for an extension and they said "we do not allow extensions for students to hear back from other programs". Is this normal? I want to make an informed decision and not gamble, and I'd love to wait until I hear back from all my schools before I put down a hefty deposit.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! I have gotten two acceptances so far but both of them gave me significantly shorter times to accept/put down my deposit than expected. I got accepted to USAHS on 11/10 and they only gave me 21 days to decide (deposit was due 12/1). I got accepted to Belmont around 11/18 and they are giving me until Jan 4th to decide. However, I got an interview for NAU next week and they said NAU decisions won't come out until late Jan and I haven't heard anything at all from some of my other schools (rumor is that they will send out interview invites in Jan). How do I go about asking for an extension? I asked USAHS for an extension and they said "we do not allow extensions for students to hear back from other programs". Is this normal? I want to make an informed decision and not gamble, and I'd love to wait until I hear back from all my schools before I put down a hefty deposit.
I asked for an extension from USciences. I said that I needed time to get the money together, and they gave me a 3-week extension.

I asked for an extension from USciences. I said that I needed time to get the money together, and they gave me a 3-week extension.
oh! they denied my request on the basis of needing time to figure out other programs. I should have gone the financial route!