How to be more competitive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Highlife.himalayas

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if programs will weigh applicants differently based on what level of biology they submit for prereq requirement? What I mean is... is one applicant "less competitive" for submitting a lower and upper level bio compared to another applicant who submits two upper level bio classes? Assuming of course both applicants have received As in such classes. I'm thinking mostly in the context of Chapman. I understand they allow either lower/upper or two upper bio.

I hope it doesn't matter. I got an A in intro bio and I would like to submit it. But if it helps I may consider taking an second upper level bio.
 
Does anyone know if programs will weigh applicants differently based on what level of biology they submit for prereq requirement? What I mean is... is one applicant "less competitive" for submitting a lower and upper level bio compared to another applicant who submits two upper level bio classes? Assuming of course both applicants have received As in such classes. I'm thinking mostly in the context of Chapman. I understand they allow either lower/upper or two upper bio.

I hope it doesn't matter. I got an A in intro bio and I would like to submit it. But if it helps I may consider taking an second upper level bio.

You should contact the program and ask them.