How to be more competitive??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stephilosphy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙁I just took GRE test, and it was 1200.

My situation is:

GPA: 3.4
GRE: 1200
Hours: only 60+ in acute care hospital and private clinic so far.😱

I don't think it is good enough. So how can I boost up my application?

Thank you

I'm going to apply: USC, Loma Linda, Northwestern, Columbia, CMU.....
 
I think your stats look great. Many schools have a minimum requirement for number of observation hours and like to see those hours spread among at least three areas of PT.

The schools I have talked to said they don't add any more weight to hours in excess of the requirement.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i agree....your GRE is VERY good. Your GPA is competitive so I wouldn't worry. If those schools require letters of reccomendation, build some solid relationships with PTs/professors/employers, etc. and get some great letters!
 
no need to get your panties in a bunch. there are schools out there that will accept you. whether this means you'll make a good pt or not is another question, but if you're concerned about getting accepted, i wouldn't worry too much
 
Hope you're wealthy...those are some damn expensive schools that you've chosen to apply to.
 
You look like you're in a really good position. Honestly though, don't fret so much about those kinda things. Focus on writing a really good personal statement. That's what's going to set you apart even if people have better stats than you.
 
🙁I just took GRE test, and it was 1200.

My situation is:

GPA: 3.4
GRE: 1200
Hours: only 60+ in acute care hospital and private clinic so far.😱

I don't think it is good enough. So how can I boost up my application?

Thank you

I'm going to apply: USC, Loma Linda, Northwestern, Columbia, CMU.....
Stats look good. Definitely competitive. More observation hours wouldn't hurt, same with great letters of recommendation. But still, nothing to be worried about. (IMO)