1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

How to begin DAT prep?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by steiner2, Jul 24, 2011.

1. steiner2

2+ Year Member

I am starting to study for the DAT. Where to begin? I read some people saying all you need is the bluebook. Kaplan course is worthless except it makes you stay on a schedule. Buy Destroyer. Buy Shaum's. Buy Cliffnotes Bio. Enough to make one go nutty just reading threads. So where should I begin? I got my friend's 2009 Destroyer and all it has is like practice problems. He also has a Berkeley Review course that he bought. I looked at it and it looks like overkill.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Double Bonded

7+ Year Member

1) Buy Crack DAT PAT
    2) Buy Chad's videos at cousesaver ($30)*
    3) Buy AP Cliffs (I got mine from amazon for $5)
    4) But Kaplan Blue Book (used)

Day 1:
    Do 1 CDP test (1 hr)
    Reach the first 3 chapters of Cliffs (2 hours) or watch the first 2 Chad's videos and do the quizzes (i don't have the times in front of me)

That should be a good start.

*If you don't plan on studying Gchem or Ochem until later, don't buy chad's videos yet. They are extremely useful but you only get 1 month for $30 so buy it the day that you want to start studying Chem.

4. Dental2000

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Use predds.net for extra info on what to get....

5. DDS25

Removed

Pre-Dental
    Good place to start! +1