How to begin DAT prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steiner2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting to study for the DAT. Where to begin? I read some people saying all you need is the bluebook. Kaplan course is worthless except it makes you stay on a schedule. Buy Destroyer. Buy Shaum's. Buy Cliffnotes Bio. Enough to make one go nutty just reading threads. So where should I begin? I got my friend's 2009 Destroyer and all it has is like practice problems. He also has a Berkeley Review course that he bought. I looked at it and it looks like overkill.

Members don't see this ad.

I am starting to study for the DAT. Where to begin? I read some people saying all you need is the bluebook. Kaplan course is worthless except it makes you stay on a schedule. Buy Destroyer. Buy Shaum's. Buy Cliffnotes Bio. Enough to make one go nutty just reading threads. So where should I begin? I got my friend's 2009 Destroyer and all it has is like practice problems. He also has a Berkeley Review course that he bought. I looked at it and it looks like overkill.
1) Buy Crack DAT PAT
2) Buy Chad's videos at cousesaver ($30)*
3) Buy AP Cliffs (I got mine from amazon for $5)
4) But Kaplan Blue Book (used)

Day 1:
Do 1 CDP test (1 hr)
Reach the first 3 chapters of Cliffs (2 hours) or watch the first 2 Chad's videos and do the quizzes (i don't have the times in front of me)

That should be a good start.

*If you don't plan on studying Gchem or Ochem until later, don't buy chad's videos yet. They are extremely useful but you only get 1 month for $30 so buy it the day that you want to start studying Chem.

1) Buy Crack DAT PAT
2) Buy Chad's videos at cousesaver ($30)*
3) Buy AP Cliffs (I got mine from amazon for $5)
4) But Kaplan Blue Book (used)

Day 1:
Do 1 CDP test (1 hr)
Reach the first 3 chapters of Cliffs (2 hours) or watch the first 2 Chad's videos and do the quizzes (i don't have the times in front of me)

That should be a good start.

*If you don't plan on studying Gchem or Ochem until later, don't buy chad's videos yet. They are extremely useful but you only get 1 month for $30 so buy it the day that you want to start studying Chem.

Good place to start! +1