1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How to begin DAT prep?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by steiner2, Jul 24, 2011.

1. steiner2

2+ Year Member

I am starting to study for the DAT. Where to begin? I read some people saying all you need is the bluebook. Kaplan course is worthless except it makes you stay on a schedule. Buy Destroyer. Buy Shaum's. Buy Cliffnotes Bio. Enough to make one go nutty just reading threads. So where should I begin? I got my friend's 2009 Destroyer and all it has is like practice problems. He also has a Berkeley Review course that he bought. I looked at it and it looks like overkill.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Double Bonded

7+ Year Member

1) Buy Crack DAT PAT
    2) Buy Chad's videos at cousesaver ($30)*
    3) Buy AP Cliffs (I got mine from amazon for $5)
    4) But Kaplan Blue Book (used)

Day 1:
    Do 1 CDP test (1 hr)
    Reach the first 3 chapters of Cliffs (2 hours) or watch the first 2 Chad's videos and do the quizzes (i don't have the times in front of me)

That should be a good start.

*If you don't plan on studying Gchem or Ochem until later, don't buy chad's videos yet. They are extremely useful but you only get 1 month for $30 so buy it the day that you want to start studying Chem.

4. Dental2000

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Use predds.net for extra info on what to get....

5. DDS25

Removed

Pre-Dental
    Good place to start! +1