How to break an 11 in BS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EECStoMed

Persistence > Intel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to break an 11 in BS? I've been scoring 11s across 3 tests, 4CBT, 5CBT and 6CBT. In each test I miss 1-2 in Organic chemistry and the other 6-7 in bio. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how to break an 11 in BS? I've been scoring 11s across 3 tests, 4CBT, 5CBT and 6CBT. In each test I miss 1-2 in Organic chemistry and the other 6-7 in bio. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Since it was CBTs, check the breakdown of what you missed and see if the bio questions are in the same area. :luck:

My Ochem teacher say Ochem contents has changed. So you don't need to know as much OChem as you think. Well, try AAMC 8,9,10 and see if you can break 11. I bet you can.

Members don't see this ad :)
As simple as it sounds, at that level of scoring, the best way to improve is to minimize mistakes. 1-2 questions that you should have got but missed can be 1-2 points on the BS section.

As simple as it sounds, at that level of scoring, the best way to improve is to minimize mistakes. 1-2 questions that you should have got but missed can be 1-2 points on the BS section.

So true. Generally, the difference between my getting an 11 and "knocking it out of the park" so to speak on the AAMC tests is how many stupid mistakes I make. The Kaplan FLs are quite forgiving b/c of the curve, but a couple stupid mistakes on the AAMCs will screw you. My mistakes usually happen on the calculation problems (which aren't so much an issue for BS, but you'd be surprised how many times I screw up punnet square calculations), so I use what time I have remaining to go back over those questions specifically.