How to cancel AP score delivery to college?

Kurk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I just saw my scores....and I'm in shock.

When I took my tests I bubbled in the option to send them to my college. Two are fine but one of them....well I'll just say it...I got a 2. This is the lowest score I've ever received on an AP exam (always 4's and 5's) and I'm already going through the stages of grief. I took it suffering from senioritis but never thought I'd get less than a 3 even half-assing it.

My biggest concern right now is that the deadline to cancel scores has passed (Jun 15) and my undergrad will receive them. I think I already know what the answer is but I'm hoping for anything...is there anyway for the school not to see them?

I also still need to send my scores from junior year but collegeboard doesn't let you pick and choose which scores to send from what I can tell. It just sends all of them and I REALLY don't want my undergrad to see it.

This was a math AP and I feel they're going to somehow restrict my scheduling options in pre-dent knowing that I basically failed a core class.

Members don't see this ad.

It's been a couple of years since I left high school, but I wouldn't worry too much about this issue.

Your institution won't care about that "2." They simply won't give you credit for that class, but that's probably going to be it. It won't affect you negatively at all.

Just take a deep breath and calm down. Once you're a couple of years into your undergrad, you'll be laughing at yourself for stressing over an "AP score."

Reactions: 1 user
It's been a couple of years since I left high school, but I wouldn't worry too much about this issue.

Your institution won't care about that "2." They simply won't give you credit for that class, but that's probably going to be it. It won't affect you negatively at all.

Just take a deep breath and calm down. Once you're a couple of years into your undergrad, you'll be laughing at yourself for stressing over an "AP score."
They're going to think I'm an idiot when I go in to schedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
um i got a 2 on APUSH an i go to a top 20

this level of neuroticism in high school will be the death of you as you go up

Reactions: 1 users
Lol it doesn't even matter if you got in to the undergrad of your choice. I got a 2 on AP-Econ like several years ago because it was a one semester class that I took first semester and didn't review much before the exam. Nobody's gonna think you're an idiot if you have other 4's and 5's like you say you do. Also, guidance counselors don't really care about your scores. Nobody's gonna want your AP scores later if you're going pre-med/pre-dent.

Also if I were you, and you got a 4/5 on AP bio, chem, calc BC, whatever it is, I would retake those beginner level classes in College to get the A/A+ and boost your sGPA. If you have credit for gen eds don't retake those classes. There's no rush to finish everything, even though you might want to as your peers are taking orgo 1 second semester freshman year. It's honestly better to do beginner levels first, then finish orgo 1/2 sophmore year and study for mcat/dat whatever it is you want to do.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh damn saw u failed math AP. Bruh the AP calc AB isn't terrible. BC is hard tho. Good luck in the future.

I should have mentioned this in OP, but the biggest reason why I'm so shocked is that I took practice tests and scored 4's and 5's on all of them. Comparative government should have been an easy 5 based on my practice tests yet I ended up with a 4. I took two practice tests for AP Statistics (yes make fun of me) and got 4's. The only one I did as expected was calc AB with a 4.

It was the complete opposite scenario of my junior year where I did better than expected on my practice tests.

I'm very worried about how I'll perform in college if I'm inconsistent with much easier AP exams.

I don't know what else to tell you other than to calm the **** down. Lol.

If you're stressing over a 2 for an AP test, and you're this worried that a random desk worker in the registrar's office will think you're stupid, I don't know how you'll be able to handle stress in college, especially when it comes time to apply to medical school.

I'm also sure you've seen other threads that talk about high school performance vs. college performance. They are two very different beasts. How you do in college is completely dependent on you, not your grades in high school.

You'll be fine.

And also this:
this level of neuroticism in high school will be the death of you as you go up

It's my academic advisor
random desk worker in the registrar's office will think you're stupid

The problem is that AP statistics is a relatively easy class and I still did atrocious even with some level of prep. I wasted $98 and time which I can't get back. This isn't a situation where calming down is acceptable. I'm questioning my maturity, my academic abilities, and really what the **** went wrong. I've gotten ****ty grades on assignments and tests that I was able to shrug off because I knew I didn't study or care enough at the time. This is different.

I'm genuinely fearful for my future if I can't even pull off a passing AP score in statistics. That is a core class for a pre-health, science curriculum and I ****ed up BAD. If it was a 3 I would've said "ah okay I'm ****ty but at least they'll take the credit". A 2 is basically "I'm a ****ing idiot" . That score is on the level of the class who decided to fall asleep after bubbling in random ****.

While I'm at it I'd like to apologize to @jeffk805dent @Mad Jack @Law2Doc and anyone else who I may have behaved arrogantly to on these forums. I have nothing to be arrogant about and my naiveness deserves to be ridiculed. I'm sorry for wasting your time on some of my ridiculous threads and I will try to refrain from making them on impulse at every thought for the future.

We all have a weakness. maybe statistics is yours. Mine is physics.

We all have a weakness. maybe statistics is yours. Mine is physics.

Mine was genchem!

It's my academic advisor

I'm genuinely fearful for my future if I can't even pull off a passing AP score in statistics. That is a core class for a pre-health, science curriculum and I ****ed up BAD. If it was a 3 I would've said "ah okay I'm ****ty but at least they'll take the credit". A 2 is basically "I'm a ****ing idiot" . That score is on the level of the class who decided to fall asleep after bubbling in random ****.

I also D'd AP Bio the first time I took it, thought I was a failure (what kind of doctor can't pass high school biology?) I retook it the next year and got an A+ in the hardest teacher in the school. I didn't study any differently. Sometimes things just don't work and it doesn't mean anything about you as a person.

Your habit of putting too much into a single test and panicking will be a greater barrier to academic success than the level of intelligence and hard work indicated by this test.

In college, you will have weed-out classes. You may fail your first test. They are designed to do this (and have grading structures designed to allow you to get an A in the class with a few failures). When they do this, the are testing your ability to remain level-headed and in a mentally healthy state after failure. This is an important skill that you need to learn eventually. Learn it now and not in class, because in class you'll have to get your head back on straight in time for the next test.

I'll say it again. College is designed to make you fail. You must be able to accept it in a healthy way. This is a skill, not something that comes naturally. Now is a good time to practice this skill. How do you imagine colleges want you to react to failure?

It's my academic advisor

The problem is that AP statistics is a relatively easy class and I still did atrocious even with some level of prep. I wasted $98 and time which I can't get back. This isn't a situation where calming down is acceptable. I'm questioning my maturity, my academic abilities, and really what the **** went wrong. I've gotten ****ty grades on assignments and tests that I was able to shrug off because I knew I didn't study or care enough at the time. This is different.

Better to F-up now on a HS AP test than later in college (and beyond) when it really counts. Learn from this. Learn not to be over confident. Learn how to study better for tests. Learn how to take defeat with grace.

It's NOT the end of the world. Suck it up and move on. Some of the best learning moments you will experience will be from failures not successes.

Kurk my friend pump the brakes a little bit. You have said some odd things on these forums that you might look back on in 10 years and cringe at, but you obviously have a good head on your shoulders. You will be just fine. I don't think you should all of a sudden call into question your maturity because you got a bad score on an AP test. Forget about the $98; you parted with that a while ago. If you would have been ok with a 3 but are ready to scuttle the ship over a 2, consider that it might have only been one question that you got wrong or even something silly like bad handwriting on a free response question.

Re: "This isn't a situation where calming down is acceptable," what are you gonna do about it? You just graduated high school and you have your first year of college to look forward to. People are coming here with experience in this matter telling you it will be ok. This is the time to learn that your elders have good advice to offer you and sometimes you just have to acknowledge that we know better—not because we're smarter, but just because we've been there before and you haven't.

With the dedication you've described in your posts here and the thought you've already put into becoming a doctor (or dentist, I understand?), you're already way ahead of your peers. Take a minute to be a normal young adult, do whatever it is you like to do outside of school, and get ready for college!

Does anyone know if I need to pay to send my scores from last year as a junior if I already bubbled in the option to send this year's scores to my college this year?