How to classify Internship

Started by Chablam
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chablam

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, I have an Internship with a prosthetic and orthotic clinic that I'm not sure how to fit into my PTCAS application.

Should this be put under extra-curricular? I worked with Prosthetists and Orthotists correcting movement to improve ambulatory function. I have over 120 hours of this and do not want to simply not include it since I learned a great deal about human kinetics and practical anatomy applications.

Where is the best place to put this information? Since I did receive academic credit is this still considered extra-curricular, even though it is not physical therapy observation?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
Hi, I had an internship with athletic trainers and I put it under extra-curricular because it was not directly with a PT. This is a great experience to highlight in your essay! Although it was not PT-related, I'm sure a lot of what you did and learned will help you in PT school, so I would incorporate it into your essay if at all possible 🙂