How to classify vaccine manufacturing on app - lab or nonclinical work?

Started by iiiguil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iiiguil

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone.

I'm a nontrad. Since 2020, I've been involved in mRNA vaccine manufacturing as a variety of lab and admin roles. I collaborated with many departments including our process development team, was lead trainer, did a poster at a symposium about a new lab I set up and opened for large scale mRNA production. I spent 60+ hours per week in the heat of the pandemic in a biochemical cleanroom laboratory creating mRNA via HPLC, diafiltration, enzymatic work, etc. The majority of my work was heavy lab stuff. About 7000 hours here.

I am a bit weak on my research (have way more clinical experience), only one year of school psych field work which I loved but it definitely isn't a lab gig and was only ~150 hours. I did focus heavily on the entirety of the scientific method but COVID cut the project short and I moved out of the area.

So my question is, how do I classify the school psych research and the mRNA lab work? Thanks in advance for the help!!
 
Hi everyone.

I'm a nontrad. Since 2020, I've been involved in mRNA vaccine manufacturing as a variety of lab and admin roles. I collaborated with many departments including our process development team, was lead trainer, did a poster at a symposium about a new lab I set up and opened for large scale mRNA production. I spent 60+ hours per week in the heat of the pandemic in a biochemical cleanroom laboratory creating mRNA via HPLC, diafiltration, enzymatic work, etc. The majority of my work was heavy lab stuff. About 7000 hours here.

I am a bit weak on my research (have way more clinical experience), only one year of school psych field work which I loved but it definitely isn't a lab gig and was only ~150 hours. I did focus heavily on the entirety of the scientific method but COVID cut the project short and I moved out of the area.

So my question is, how do I classify the school psych research and the mRNA lab work? Thanks in advance for the help!!
The psych research is definitely research.

The mRNA lab work...ehh. Unless your work was in the service of clinical research trials, it may not be seen as "research" (i.e. producing mRNA for a standard vaccine). Probably better to classify as non-clinical work experience.
 
Ok. I was wondering more because it is "Research/Lab" as a category, and it was heavily wet lab based, along with still using scientific method for process development. But yeah no publications or anything besides a single poster and many internal presentations. Thanks for the help