How to Contact Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Missserica

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to Tufts and not heard anything from them? My application was completed by September, but I only received their email and nothing else. I tried to call them, but all I get is a voice recording about how they won't give any information over the phone and refer to the website, and they will contact you if they are missing anything. How do you suggest I get in contact with them? Or, anyone in the same position as me?

Members don't see this ad.

I tried to email them and all I got back was....

Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are
unable to perform individual status checks for all of our applicants. We ask
that you be patient with our small admissions staff as we have about a 50%
increase in applications this year. I can assure that we will contact you as
soon as there is a change in your status.

good luck getting anything else...

cgDDS said:
I tried to email them and all I got back was....

Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are
unable to perform individual status checks for all of our applicants. We ask
that you be patient with our small admissions staff as we have about a 50%
increase in applications this year. I can assure that we will contact you as
soon as there is a change in your status.

good luck getting anything else...

I emailed them recently too and got that same standard email response..

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your responses. Now I know that emailing them is a waste. I'm just afraid that it will become May, and then I will never hear from them ...

According to a Tufts admission adviser I spoke to yesterday, applicants will not be considered if they haven't shadowed at least 30 hours with a Dentist, and that Dentist should clearly state that in the LOR he/she submits to AADSAS. This is probably the reason why Tufts don't continue reviewing certain applications, as it is a very important factor in the selection process.

HOLY $HIT! NOW I KNOW WHAT I DIDN'T DO...SEND AN LOR FROM A DENTIST TO TUFTS....damn...no wonder I haven't heard anything from them :oops: Is it too late in the game to do it? is it a better school than UPenn?

Cold Front said:
Their class is not full yet, so I guess it's not that late.

They also specifically required LORs from a Chemistry and a Biological science professor each.

This last part is actually not true; there is no requirement for which types of professors write your LORs. I had two written: one from Music, one from English.

It IS true that you need the letter from the dentist. It's actually not a LOR, but just a note of proof that you shadowed. And Audio, don't worry; just get yours in when you can. There were some people at my interview who didn't have theirs in, so I know that it's not a requirement for looking at your application and asking for an interview. Though I imagine the sooner the better. And it doesn't have to be a big deal; just proof that you did some good amount of shadowing.

Hope this clears some things up!

Also, I think there's a number you can press during the automated recording that gets you in touch with a real person, usually Adam. You can still leave a message, but make sure you listen to the recording first! They may not be able to say much, but at least you're talking to someone.

I've been having the same situation, not only with Tufts, but with Boston and Baltimore. I tried calling and emailing... both a waste of time. I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefully we hear something from them... just so we know that they know we exist!!!

I am amazed at the increase of the # of applicants over the last 3 yrs. In 2002-2003 it was 1995. 2003-2004 2332(I forget the exact figure but it was in that ball park. 2004-2005 it was 2956 :scared: A 50% increase would mea that they might take a run a 4500! :eek: If this keeps up they may have to resort to the cold harded method of cutting off applicants if they don't meet GPA and DAT requirements they set beyond the minimum on their web site.

Don't stress. Tufts gets a later start than most schools. When I interviewed there in November, they had only interviewed 71 people (including my group). They'll certainly not fill their class off of that.

Hopefully I'll see you guys there next year.

Utes

Utes said:
Don't stress. Tufts gets a later start than most schools. When I interviewed there in November, they had only interviewed 71 people (including my group). They'll certainly not fill their class off of that.

Hopefully I'll see you guys there next year.

Utes

Score! Hey are you a fan of Chinese food? Heh heh..