How to crack NBDE Part 1? Material and advice appreciated

Started by Gloryover
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gloryover

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I graduated in 2009 and have two small kids. I just started studying for NBDE Part 1 and am looking for good materials. Please feel free to share, reply or simply give me tips/ advice. Partners are wanted too. I am absolutely confused about how I could set up the best study plan.

Thank you very much in advance.
 
Hi,
This is Shweta.
I graduated in 2008.
I also want to prepare for NBDE part 1 and looking for a study partner.
Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks.

I graduated in 2009 and have two small kids. I just started studying for NBDE Part 1 and am looking for good materials. Please feel free to share, reply or simply give me tips/ advice. Partners are wanted too. I am absolutely confused about how I could set up the best study plan.

Thank you very much in advance.
 
First you need to let all your relatives know, that you need help
Then buy necessary materials. Don't try to save - you will loose more on extra attempts
Dental Decks will help with review and determination of the weak points. Mosby, Kaplan notes are what I used for the review, as well as separate textbooks for dental anatomy , biochemistry,microbiology and physiology. Use high school level books for physiology and immunology etc review. I used biochemistry for dummies - was a lot easier to learn even though it had some mistakes in formulas
Don't spend too much time on preparation - 3-4 months intense prep, or you will forget whatever you learned in the beginning
Most of all have serious talk with your husband and whoever you live with - it is in their best interests to let you study and pass it the first try