How to deal with LORs!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VUMD2be

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Just wondering how you guys dealt with sending out your DO LORs. I am already having my pre-med advisor send my composite letters, but what about my letter from the DO I shadowed? Hes still working on it, so I'm thinking up a few options for him as far as sending it out to schools when he gets done with it....

1) Send him a big envelope with a bunch of pre-addressed, stamped envelopes to the schools I'm applying to.
2) Telling him to send it to my pre-med office (a scary proposition- they would probably screw this up) to keep on file.
3) Using one of those LOR services (don't know much about this option)

Any hints, suggestions, and or advice would be greatly appreciated...

Members don't see this ad.

VUMD2be said:
Hey guys.
Just wondering how you guys dealt with sending out your DO LORs. I am already having my pre-med advisor send my composite letters, but what about my letter from the DO I shadowed? Hes still working on it, so I'm thinking up a few options for him as far as sending it out to schools when he gets done with it....

1) Send him a big envelope with a bunch of pre-addressed, stamped envelopes to the schools I'm applying to.
2) Telling him to send it to my pre-med office (a scary proposition- they would probably screw this up) to keep on file.

I'm using Interfolio (www.interfolio.com) for all of my letters. It seems pretty cool so far, but I haven't finished the process, so I can't tell you how it turns out in the end.

VUMD2be said:
Hey guys.

2) This is what I did...but my school was pretty good. They just copied all the letters and stamped it to make it official.

1) good option as well if the DO doesn't mind it. just be aware, if I recall correctly, there were a few schools that wanted a certain form signed even if the DO was writing a letter and not using the pre-made evaluation form

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm using www.interfolio.com as well. Seems good, may be expensive. But then atleast you are in control. As a non-traditional who hasn't been in school for awhile, this is one of the only ways for me to go, especially if applying to 15-20 schools.

I had the physicians that are writing my LORs send X copies to me of their letters and envelopes to send out as each school requests them.

Tiagao said:
I had the physicians that are writing my LORs send X copies to me of their letters and envelopes to send out as each school requests them.

Tough to keep those letters officially confidential then I guess