How to deal with this...?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bill_252001

B+
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok guys,
I have a problem. All my life I have always tried and succeeded to have redundancy built in what ever it is I do just in case the original plan don't work. Now it is affecting me severely. I haev been accepted to couple schools and also being Type A personality person, I can't take a breathe until I am done with matriculation process which will take forever with all the documents to be sent. Although I have been accepted into my dream school, I feel that somehow I should have a backup just in case things(don't know what things) don't work out. That means I am compelled to pay deposit of $1000 just to have a sense of security. I know it doesn't make any sense but how can I get out of this problem????

P.S: NO PSYCHIATRI advise ...LOL :D

Members don't see this ad.

take the written confirmation of your acceptance...read it over....then go out to the bars

I tried doing that but the the matriculation agreeement has a clause that says "if any discrepancy is found, your admission could be revoked", damn.. that clause brings me back to square one. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
honestly...making an appt w/ a pysch may not be such a bad idea....med school stress and aphrension about tests/etc doesn't exactly get easier...

honestly...making an appt w/ a pysch may not be such a bad idea....med school stress and aphrension about tests/etc doesn't exactly get easier...

OCD?????????? :eek:

Write it in ink on your forehead. I don't condone getting a tattoo, but at least it'll be semi-permanent. :p

Ok guys,
I have a problem. All my life I have always tried and succeeded to have redundancy built in what ever it is I do just in case the original plan don't work. Now it is affecting me severely. I haev been accepted to couple schools and also being Type A personality person, I can't take a breathe until I am done with matriculation process which will take forever with all the documents to be sent. Although I have been accepted into my dream school, I feel that somehow I should have a backup just in case things(don't know what things) don't work out. That means I am compelled to pay deposit of $1000 just to have a sense of security. I know it doesn't make any sense but how can I get out of this problem????

Unsure of yourself much? Irrational beliefs are a bitch. The only thing you can do, is tell yourself, as many times as needed, I am doing the right thing, it will work out. Then, just do it.

Ok guys,That means I am compelled to pay deposit of $1000 just to have a sense of security. I know it doesn't make any sense but how can I get out of this problem????

Pay the $1000 - - it will cost less than the psychiatrist and give you immediate relief. Seriously, though, as someone who has the same OCD personality, it is probably what I would do since I know that I would keep fretting otherwise. In my opinion, it is a small price to day for sanity!:rolleyes:

Pay the $1000 - - it will cost less than the psychiatrist and give you immediate relief. Seriously, though, as someone who has the same OCD personality, it is probably what I would do since I know that I would keep fretting otherwise. In my opinion, it is a small price to day for sanity!:rolleyes:

So you're saying he should drop a $1000 to secure a spot at another school, even though he has already been accepted to and paid the deposit for his dream school?

Wow. But then what if things fall through for the back-up school? Maybe he should drop a few more deposits down at other schools...just in case.

So long as you didn't lie, falsify documents, etc., etc., you have nothing to worry about. Think of it this way, if they do rescind your acceptance, do you really think another school will take you. Chances are you've done something that has really effed up your entire application and very few schools would be forgiving.

So you're saying he should drop a $1000 to secure a spot at another school, even though he has already been accepted to and paid the deposit for his dream school?

Wow. But then what if things fall through for the back-up school? Maybe he should drop a few more deposits down at other schools...just in case.

So long as you didn't lie, falsify documents, etc., etc., you have nothing to worry about. Think of it this way, if they do rescind your acceptance, do you really think another school will take you. Chances are you've done something that has really effed up your entire application and very few schools would be forgiving.

I have done nothing of that nature " didn't lie, falsify documents, etc., etc" atleast not to my knowledge. I guess I am following Murphys' rule too closely here also bit cynical about admission staff....:D

I have done nothing of that nature " didn't lie, falsify documents, etc., etc" atleast not to my knowledge. I guess I am following Murphys' rule too closely here also bit cynical about admission staff....:D

Well then you're good to go, bro. And F*ck Murphy.