How to enter Pre Req courses.

Started by AlexFLA
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AlexFLA

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most of my core pre reqs are a separate lab and lecture
Example:
Anatomy II lecture (3 credits) A
Anatomy II Lab (1 credit) B

My question which one do I select as the pre req when entering the course on PTCAS? It says "generally you should match one course to each core PT prerequisite"
I emailed PTCAS they said to ask the programs. I emailed the programs and they said to ask PTCAS lol

What should I do?
 
Most of my core pre reqs are a separate lab and lecture
Example:
Anatomy II lecture (3 credits) A
Anatomy II Lab (1 credit) B

My question which one do I select as the pre req when entering the course on PTCAS? It says "generally you should match one course to each core PT prerequisite"
I emailed PTCAS they said to ask the programs. I emailed the programs and they said to ask PTCAS lol

What should I do?

I wish PTCAS would have kept my application to view now...I am pretty confident though that you would match them both as an Anatomy pre-requisite...thats probably why they say "generally" because in some situations like this, the lecture and lab count as that pre-req. That is very odd though that PTCAS would tell you to ask the programs...I would try and talk to a different person with PTCAS if you can because it is THEIR application system that THEY designed...haha

But yeah I am pretty confident that I marked each as the Anatomy II pre-req despite the fact that its technically two classes.
 
I just put them both in as the same prerequisite. Meaning my A&P I and A&P I lab were both under the A&P I section. Not sure it is correct, but I hope this helps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea that seems like the most logical thing to do,but I just wanted to get feed back. Thanks guys
 
I have the same problem and just listed Anatomy Lec and Lab as A&P I and Physio Lec and Lab as A&P II, even though it was technically 4 different course instead of 2. I think it's fine 🙂